• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Japspeed throttle body

Right, so i bought my EP3 type r on Sunday and the engine was revving up and down itself some call it hunting idle. Well I took it to the mechanics and he said it's my throttle body, I didn't take he's word for it and said can he take it out of his type r ep3 and put it in mine to make sure, lo and behold, it was working fine, so I found this http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Honda-Civ...ivic-Type-R-EP3-70mm-Throttle-Body/p-5-1-892/ and bought it and will fit tomorrow when it arrives. I was checking to see if you guys have any experience of this. Also to get one from Honda was about £800 for those tiny things. I couldn't get a second hand one either and I have second hand car parts anyway, especially when it's to do with my engine.

All you needed to do was to clean the ICV on the bottom of the TB.

Hold on tight for some fail pictures.

All you needed to do was to clean the ICV on the bottom of the TB.

Hold on tight for some fail pictures.

you've got some pictures?... I tried cleaning the throttle body, took it off cleaned it with Carb spray from halfords, let it dry for about 20 minutes and bolted it back it. Maybe i'm cleaning the wrong part.

guide on here if you search, fed up searching for noobs.

This question has also been asked and answered lots of times on here

To be fair though, the OP was miss informed by his mechanic that he needed a new throttle body. Better that he ask on here than fork a lump of money on something he didnt need.

Less harsh please Shaenei.

We've all been noobs before.

Friendly community please.

:)

Oh My God! I've just finished following that instructions and now it's like magic!....Thank you thank you thank you. you just saved me £200 wow! can I donate on here somewhere?

Oh My God! I've just finished following that instructions and now it's like magic!....Thank you thank you thank you. you just saved me £200 wow! can I donate on here somewhere?

Ill PM you my bank details! i also accept paypal, credit/debit cards and mugen twin loop exhaust systems! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back