• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM EP3 folding mirrors not fully folding

My JDM EP3 mirrors fold in about 20% of the way, so electrics are OK i guess but sounds like they're struggling, do the motors wear out?

Any Advice welcome

Thanks

I don’t have any advise, but I’ve got a JDM import coming and this was something that was on my mind. I need to ask the importers to check the mirrors.

I’ve started looking around for parts for them and hadn’t found anything yet. I saw a few full sets being advertised, but they seemed pretty rare.

I’ve also been searching for a workshop manual, but I can only find one for the euro ep3. I’m still looking, as that would help with parts.

I don’t have any advise, but I’ve got a JDM import coming and this was something that was on my mind. I need to ask the importers to check the mirrors.

I’ve started looking around for parts for them and hadn’t found anything yet. I saw a few full sets being advertised, but they seemed pretty rare.

I’ve also been searching for a workshop manual, but I can only find one for the euro ep3. I’m still looking, as that would help with parts.
OK I'll let you know what I find out.
Where are you getting your car from?
Spec, age, cost?

I won it at auction. Being imported by bhpimports. It’s a 2002 JDM EP3 in white. It looks to be fairly stock with the comfort pack. The suspension has been changed and it’s got blitz coilovers. Looks pretty clean underneath and the importers were happy when they inspected it before the auction.

I need to get new mats for it as it doesn’t look like it’s got the originals. Body work is good, few minor dents to fix, but nothing I didn’t expect given the age.

I paid roughly 10k at auction. I’d been looking for a UK one for a while and the good one seemed fairly rare. Should be about 14k all in to get it on the road. I am changing a few bits though, which will increase the cost, exhaust, brakes, air intake. I’ve started a thread in the members cars. Once I actually have it I’ll be doing more, badges, freshen up the lights etc etc. 14k does seem a bit wild, but the car looks in so much better than any of the UK ones I’d seen and they were asking 8-11, they were newer, but much higher mileage and must worse condition.

What about yours?

I took the mirrors off, cleaned inside and greased a bit, they were marginally better. I also installed a new battery which made one of them work pretty well, passenger still labours a bit

I took the mirrors off, cleaned inside and greased a bit, they were marginally better. I also installed a new battery which made one of them work pretty well, passenger still labours a bit

Nice. I'm hoping to get mine next week, hopefully the mirrors are working but I've not asked. I've been toying with the idea of picking up a spare set just in case.

Back