• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's Zenki

She is looking amazing mate, very clean underneath as well!

On a side note, with the amount you spent on rattle cans and time, you could have had those wheels powdercoated for about the same price :D

Thanks mate. It's unbelievably low in the flesh, the roof is several inches lower than my nipples, and I'm pretty low myself...

I do not look elegant getting out of this thing.

Getting out of the Skyline was always amusing, especially as I could touch the floor from the drivers seat without even having to reach I sort of did this roll and push style thing using the sills, just glad I didn't have to wear a skirt :brows: hahha

Happy to see you back Jimbo. Loving the motor, Cant wait to see all your 'special' touches.

Is that Zillalife tape used? sure I recognise the pattern.

What's the paint/body work like?

Could never do that amount of work myself.

what made you get one of these?

Could never do that amount of work myself.

If you can get a Zenki or Kouki cheap, they're a good investment tbh. With the amount getting smashed to bits from drifting, they'll go up in price if kept in good condition. Nissan Tax in full effect on them right now.

Are there any plans to add a bit of the unique Jimbo flair that we’ve come to love? Saw a hint on the wooden board in the pic!

I'm keeping it pretty tame by my standards, there's a good chance it will be sold as a significant part of my house deposit in a few years. It will have a few magnificent touches though!

On a side note, with the amount you spent on rattle cans and time, you could have had those wheels powdercoated for about the same price :D

Yeah, I spent nearly £50 on paint in the end! The wheels are a temporary fix, not worth spending £300 for powdercoating. The ones it came with were completely humped, probably just old ones that were lying around in the drift garage that were thrown on before it went to auction.

Getting out of the Skyline was always amusing, especially as I could touch the floor from the drivers eat without even having to reach :lol: I sort of did this roll and push style thing using the sills, just glad I didn't have to wear a skirt :brows: hahha

Yeah bud, that Bride seat is pretty much on the floor too. I've got a good technique using elbows and a barely concealed grunt.

Is that Zillalife tape used? sure I recognise the pattern.

There's a HobbyCraft near me that sells all kinds of amazing duct tape. I spent like £50 when I first found it....

I always wanted a Silvia, just couldn't shake the obsession.

The bodywork is surprisingly good considering the life it's had, everything is straight and there's only a couple of tiny dents. The paint needs some love, a couple of wee touch-ups and a bloody good machine polish, and I've got hours of picking old polish out of the seams to do. All in all, it's an amazing base for a restomod.

The big issue is the wiring, it's a mess. It's been cut up and modified so may times it's really hard to trace where the original wiring was. I still have no light bulbs behind the instrument cluster because they don't turn off even with the key out. The speedo is just bat s**t crazy. I've been avoiding looking at the gaping hole left by the stereo because it is LITERALLY a can of worms in there.

If you can get a Zenki or Kouki cheap, they're a good investment tbh. With the amount getting smashed to bits from drifting, they'll go up in price if kept in good condition. Nissan Tax in full effect on them right now.

That's the plan. It turns out that I suck at saving for a house. I figured this would be an investment and a lot of fun along the way.

Every car I viewed in the UK was rusty. There is none on this car. The rest can be fixed easily enough with some elbow grease and minimum expenditure.

Well done Jim, its good to see you working on something else. Are you going to do something about the up sweep of the rear bumper? It always seemed a little odd to me on the S14s... Like the front is from a different car than the back :).

Dont get me wrong, it looks great, you have done a great job!!

Well done Jim, its good to see you working on something else. Are you going to do something about the up sweep of the rear bumper? It always seemed a little odd to me on the S14s... Like the front is from a different car than the back :).

Dont get me wrong, it looks great, you have done a great job!!

Always the one thing that annoyed me with my 32 Skyline. The front looked way lower than the rear. The problem you have is, you either put up with it, or go for a body kit, but then you have the issues associated with a really low hanging kit. I was planning on a rear diffuser to make it look better.

Getting out of the Skyline was always amusing, especially as I could touch the floor from the drivers seat without even having to reach I sort of did this roll and push style thing using the sills, just glad I didn't have to wear a skirt :brows: hahha

I made the error of doing the station run to collect a friend's new partner in the SL, held the door open for her all gentlemanly. I knew he was in for a good night well before he did :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So.... it's been a while. I still have this car, it's still very much a project.
Progress has been painfully slow due to life and financial constraints, but it's getting better little by little. I'm about to do a big pic and update dump, I may have to drip feed it because of Imgur's upload limit. That, and because it's three years worth of stuff...

The driver seat was in awful condition, so I figured I couldn't make it any worse if I tried my hand at upholstery. The material was left overs from a local furniture place, it's imitation herringbone tweed, a lot softer and comfier than actual tweed!
Before
u75Bz9J.jpg

Proof of JDM
6Ir4xxU.jpg

Back