• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JRSC 4psi - Do i need My Toda Manifold?

As above, if i was to fit the JRSC Would it be ok to have the stock manifold on?

Would the JRSC be ok to use without modding the exhaust?

Obviously gains would be lost going back to stock but i feel mixing a JRSC with my setup would be stupid noise wise.

Yup you can run one on a stock manifold but you'll loose about 15wbhp if you do.

Makes the car 100% legal for MOT's though.

milano_chris said:
Why don't you get cams Alex?

££££££

I havent got much of it and forced induction is what im after... the quick accelration over the high revs...

If u get cams u had might as well get a stroker kit to match the gains of a charger... and were looking 5kish?

ITS NOT REALLY THAT LOUD YOU CAN JUST ABOUT HEAR THE OTHER PERSON TALK.

Joking aside running below 4K is okay go above that and you can be heard for miles.

Friendy said:

Joking aside running below 4K is okay go above that and you can be heard for miles.

Not in my car you cant :lol:

Alex Gosney said:
Friendy said:

#
you could always sell me your mani and i can mate it with my BC spec III ;)

colinjy said:
Alex Gosney said:
Friendy said:

#
you could always sell me your mani and i can mate it with my BC spec III ;)

will be selling soon no doubt...

Alex get a silenced b-pipe, and that will bring the noise down to Julians (Hovblacks car) and that isnt too bad at all fella.

Getting shot of the manifold isn't the way i would go personally :wink:

i would say its not a must item, but it would help to have better performance. at 4psi from JRSC which is not a lot of boost u will be alright with the standard system. then things starting to add up afterward :D

Shame you live so far away could have taken you for a blast so you can see what you are missing

Alex, I would say running 4 psi, a header is more important than ever. It really helps give it that extra oomph.

I ran it without for a while, stock header: 236 bhp at hubs
after fitting Jackson header 252 bhp at hubs

:)

GCU Grey Area said:
Alex, I would say running 4 psi, a header is more important than ever. It really helps give it that extra oomph.

236 at wheels with 4psi boost?

Alex Gosney said:
GCU Grey Area said:

236 at wheels with 4psi boost?

At the hubs rather than wheels fella :wink:

Not convinced on the 18% thing personally.

Drivetrain loss doesn't increase as the power increases, that makes no sense. Thus, if a stock CTR puts out about 158wbhp, it's losing 39bhp through it's drivetrain etc etc, that shouldn't alter. Thus a 200wbhp car would be producing 239fbhp.

With that the many dyno results I see seem slightly more realistic IMO.

Mine got 192 @ the wheels. The dyno did a transmission losses calculations before the run and incorperates the result on the graph to show fly BHP.

I got 239.

Late coming to this thread, but the CPL stock RR whp dyno output is or was, 158hp, and with the standard lo boost JRSC and GruppeM and stock header and cat mine was 201.8whp - so if ~160 whp stock, ~ 200 whp lo boost JRSC = 40whp = 25% increase. If you are talking a claimed 200hp standard CTR, however measured, it should be +25% = 250hp after low boost JRSC on the same measuring system.

Back