• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

he be pleased with that as his is on order :lol:

oh right, well....i dont know then haha just think though soon as you hit the gravel thats the bottom of your car ruined, including the nice titanium £2k exhaust lol so choose wisely my friend

my mate has got a j's 60rs on his ek9, you can pick the centre pipe up with two fingers and the back box you can pick it up with one finger!:cool:

@JDMep3, now that is UBER cool! :D I think it's slowly winning me over, but ep3petey does have a point in regards to very poor re-sale value :? however, with the thought and notion of potentially "getting bored" with the sound, I'm not so sure as good exhaust notes give me the horn! Yet if I do find myself in that situation then I'll just turn the sound system up! ;) :D mwahahahaha

@Danga, yeh I've thought about the track thing and I think it'd be better for me to steer clear of tracks in my CTR just incase I get over zellous (as I inevitably will) lmao and yup, I am happy the J's intake is getting alot of praise as mine is on it's way :D but it won't be here for another 3/4 weeks :( boo hiss.. Was going to be here this week but Sumo had to wait for a bumper for another customer to be shipped and it left 4 weeks later than it should have done... Oh well, just as excited for it's arrival :)

haha so basically they are saving money on shipment which you have paid for, jammy gits lol. i hate it when youre really looking forward to something and when it should have turned up you have wait longer for it.
and yeah, it only takes one 17 year old in a corsa track car to over take you and thats all your skills/morals/enjoyment factor out the window to go and take the spotty oik down.

quick question, i think i already know the answer, but did you get your springs from sumo?

Yeh pretty much, they said because I put a £500 deposit down on it that they'd get it flown over but then they didn't and then said it was going to be shipped instead and then I ring them yesterday to be told they were waiting on something else and I've have to wait longer.. Not happy but hey, they did me a good deal and they are very pleasant and everything else has been impeccable so I won't bare a grudge, I guess these things happen.. But no, actually I didn't get the springs from Sumo, I ordered them from JDM Performance online as they were around £50 cheaper, but the box arrived damaged and had a bit of a set-to with them but other than that they springs were new and fit great :)

:-k:? dodgy box, sounds a bit oh-err but then if they fit and seem ok you cant complain.
im thinking about which ones to get for mine, are they stiff? i quite like the ride on the civic, my last car the fiesta was slammed like 50mm up front and 40mm at the back and my god it was solid. if you pushed the car down, well.... you couldnt, unless you had two people sitting in it, even then it barely moved.
but it rattled my teeth out and was a nightmare on any road with pot holes or small insects crossing, you would feel everything.

I know the feeling, my saxo was lowered 50mm all round and it was like driving a go-kart! lol But I didn't mind all that much, always brought a grin to my face :) until I hit a pot hole and it broke one of my springs into three pieces :? that sucked, but other than that it was fine..
My Teins on the CTR aren't silly stiff as they're progressive springs so act like standard springs, but they are noticeably stiffer than standard and obviously have the drop which aids handling :p the Teins are a 25mm front and 20mm rear drop

Cheers recoy :) liking the look of yours too, uber aggressive look

The purple emblem's I had made at a local graphics place here in Brighton, I've had a few bits from them before and the emblems only set me back £12 for the four :D

Oh nice work, I'm looking at going with the Purple theme myself so may ask you to get a set done up for me if you wouldn't mind and i'll pay for postage costs etc as I don't think we have anywhere like that down here.

Yeh I've just seen your thread and noticed the purple theme going on and have commented accordingly! lol
But yeh I'm sure I can sort that out for you if you wanted a set of four made up and sent out to you :) Depending on how busy they are I'd expect you to get them a week after you pay me (about 5 days or so to get them made up and then first class postage which is about a day) :) Where abouts are you from them mate?

Thats brilliant mate thanks. I'm from Southampton will arrange payment after my service on Friday (incase the bill increases lol) PM me your details.

Thanks again

actually broke the spring, crap. you must have hit that hard then mate :lol: ive hit some quite substantial objects and never broke one
25mm and 20mm doesnt sound too bad, usually its 30-35mm drop. im going to have to have a look at the bigger pic of your car now lol.

That's cool, if you want I can give you my facebook link as there are before and after pics from the same angles to compare the ride height....?
And yup, I think it was a small sunken drain that I hit, after that the ride felt really spongy so jacked the car up when I got home and the spring just fell apart :? lol

oh...bad times lol not as crushing as screeching noise coming from the gearbox, expecially when i heard the sound 3 times before in the same year lol hello another gearbox.

yeah ok then mate that be good, my profile pic is of my car btw lol

oh...bad times lol not as crushing as screeching noise coming from the gearbox, expecially when i heard the sound 3 times before in the same year lol hello another gearbox.

yeah ok then mate that be good, my profile pic is of my car btw lol

Is the noise on pull away when cold mainly? If so have you had your flywheel replaced?

sorry mate, thats was on my fiesta that i kept hearing the noises, i think where it was so low it just kept eating boxes, the clutches were fine though.

although (sorry to go off subject nymphy) my civic when i first start it up it sounds like its electric. the idle is really loud higher pitch noise, and when its going along it also sounds like it. is that normal for the type r?

haha how did you get that tarmac.nymph bit to go to your name? is that your search engine listing or something? lol.
ok i add you when i get in as facebook is a bit of a touchy subject ere

It popped up as an option on the homepage one day saying "create your own link", as before it was a multitude of letters and numbers, but it let me create my own :) and yeh facebook was touch and go here but they've given up trying to enforce it now :D haha

Back