• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kenwood

Dynax

The Babysitter
Looking for a new headunit..what does everyone think of kenwoods?

Are they any good? They seem to look decent (no gimics).

Well, i have 2 options...

Put a stereo in the car next week, allowing me to have some decent tunes (i only have radio atm!) and finally get to hear my 2 amps and sub (not yet heard but have been in car for almost a week!)

option 1 :

Headunit under £100 that has 2-pre outs...

option 2 :

Any headunit upto about £200-£250 (for next month)..

I just want a decent headunit to support my amps, doesnt have to have any features, just want it to play cd's :) Just decent quality, not gismo's :) If that makes any sense :?

How about this:

deh-p5700mp.jpg

£109.99

4 x 50 watts
plays MP3 & WMA
2 RCA Outputs

or you can get a similar version that will light up red instead for the same price 8)

Details here

http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=3766

Why not wait a little while and get a decent one instead of making do with a cheaper one in the mean time?

My mates got the Pioneer one like the one above and it looks alright, does the job. Ive had a Kenwood before, was ok but not as good to use as the Alpine ive got now 8)

All very well in saying that...but they cant be that much better...

I've had 5 different stereo's, ranging from a cheap sony, to a £400 TV, including alpine 9851R....Tbh, the alpine was the best, but it wasnt that much better than a Sony M1000TF i had....I cant see how they make them 'better'...

Pioneer might do me, will look into it...I wont be using internal amp, as i have two other amps in the boot, so what defines the stereo now? :S

Dynax said:
Looking for a new headunit..what does everyone think of kenwoods?

Are they any good? They seem to look decent (no gimics).

I got a Kenwood DVD unit in mine (DDX-7025) along with a 10 disc changer. Real good quality products IMO and have not given me any trouble.

Back