• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Keyless entry not working

Hi all,

I went to get into my FK8 today and the keyless entry/lock wouldnt work at first. It was also hit and miss using the remote as well. The car hasn’t moved for nearly two weeks and I’ve heard that this could be the cars battery being a bit low, is this right? I have changed the remote batteries with no change.
Thanks in advance.

I would imagine if your looking at batteries then it’s probably the car one. When my remote batteries were on their way out I kep getting a warning on the dash but keyless entry worked fine.

Are you sure you've put the right battery in and if so just look at the expiry date on the back of the blister pack. Have you tried first press lock even if it's locked ,then press unlock. As said above if it's the remote you would get a message saying please hold your key nearer to the dash. another idea is th check the battery is in the right way. My car is actually an fk2 but I'm sure the keys and system are the same. I too sometimes don't run my car for a week or maybe 2 weeks but I don't like to leave it longer,so I will run the car to put charge into the battery and make sure I go 30 miles or so, then when I get home I lock the car and then unlock it just to see the state of the system and then lock it I can tell by the way the car unlocks and locks that the battery has taken charge and is good.
Regards Fred.

The batteries in the remotes are new, so I know it’s not them. I’ve driven the care everyday for the last three days with no further problems, but this is the third time it’s done it and on one occasion I had a message saying that the remotes weren’t in range when they were in the centre console. I still think it’s the main car battery having been stood. It’s having a service next week so I’ll mention it to the service manager.

I always keep the key in my pocket but if I have a phone in that same pocket then it causes problems with unlocking the car...no phone no problem ;)

I leave mine for weeks, sometimes two to three months, the batteries drain quick, I use a trickle charger to avoid.

Back