• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Ah right, I don't tend to drive through large puddles of standing water so I've probably not experienced it like that! I just notice more cabin drone on motorways when it's raining! lol

This car is feeling left out as you concentrate on Dave the track EP3 :p

Did you see the post regarding the carbon effect door sill protectors?

Haha the track car had a shock on Sunday when he didn't go to the track like expected! My first nephew decided to make an appearance 7 weeks early so all plans were off!

I did see it :)

Congrates on the nephew :D Can teach him about the good old days of Type-Rs lol

I wondered if you were planning on getting the door sill protectors for Bob? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if your interested but Rigsby has a few Carbon effect door sills with Type-R on available if you want a set this round.

I'll probably give it a miss mate, I'm not spending on either car at the minute until I'm settled into my new job :)

No I'm changing completely, going driving Class 1!

I'm being tight as I want to cover the MOT, Tax and Insurance which are all due over the next 6-8 weeks. I have been saving money to cover any potential gap in pay with the job change, if it all goes well I'm having a car part spree haha!

Liking the colour of those wheels mate! Bold decision going for the colour but i think youve pulled them off on a cosmic.

Looks good on track too :)

Liking the colour of those wheels mate! Bold decision going for the colour but i think youve pulled them off on a cosmic.

Looks good on track too :)
Thanks! It's not to everyone's taste but it's not their car :)

Track days are loads of fun!

Nothing new to report but as mentioned in the thread for my track EP3 both of these were out together on track at Japfest a few weeks ago.

[video=youtube;wY5fs1CX9pA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY5fs1CX9pA[/video]

[video=youtube;tlTbpxm5j4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTbpxm5j4U[/video]

Decided to blow off the dust that's been gathering on me wallet for the past several months, even though I shouldn't have and got some different wheels for Bob!

OEM Enkei's from an Evo 8 with 215/45R17 Hankook tyres fitted. They'll do for now but my plan is to change them eventually for some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in either 225/45 or 235/45 so they fit better without any stretch.

Not sure if they'll stay the same colour but for now they will have to.

Then observant among you may spot the new circuit sticker in the collection from Japfest
kolobok-smileys_smile.png

Small update, not really done anything other than drive Bob really!

Changed the oil in December, was a bit overdue!

Fresh MOT last Friday, just need a pair of tyres and that's it!

We're up to 73k miles now, from 45k when I first bought him!

Bob finally getting a much needed set of tyres!

When I bought the Evo wheels last year they had 215/45 R17 Hankook's on which I didn't rate and certainly didn't like the stretch they had! But they had plenty of tread and I couldn't afford to just bin them at the time so I've waited until they've worn down to change them.

I have gone for the Michellin Pilot Sport 4 as recommended on here in a 225/45 R17, they look much better on the wheels. I have only driven home from the tyre place, about a mile or so, so I can't comment on them just yet haha!

Jeeze thats some audio install man!! Did the work take a few days? Also love the alloys, very unique

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Because I was only available on Sunday's and I needed the car during the week it took about four or five Sunday's to complete. I think it would have been done in two or three days if I could have left the car during the week.

Back