• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lower Front Arm Bushes

Hi All,

I need to replace my lower front arm bushes as a result of my MOT yesterday. Are they easy to fit and how much do they cost. I called my local stockiest and they dont even stock them!

My car is lowered 30mm with FSRU so if OEMs are not man enough please say so.

Ive done the usual search in the forums but nothing of any use came up.

Thanks

OEMs will be fine, but you may as well upgrade while you're at it.

Bushes can be a ****. Minimum equipment is a blowtorch and mighty big vice/press. And 5x as much time as you think.

The superpro bush kit is pretty cheap and I think it will be easier to fit than standard bushes, if you can even buy standard bushes? Might have to buy the whole lower control arm.

To fit super pro you need to either cut and hammer out the old bushes or use a blowtorch, the torch is much easier. Just set the rubber on fire and it will fall out. Then to fit the super pro bushes you can press the rear one in by hand and fit the front ones with a normal vice. I have also seen a video of someone fitting it with a car jack pressing against the underside of the car.

Ive replaced mine with ES bushes. Much fatter than OEM. Getting the old ones out wasnt too bad, put a hack saw blade through the hole and saw away if you cant get them out. Just dont saw too much or you'll hit the wishbone!

New ones came with lube and slid in using a vice very easily. Wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be at at all.

Back