• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Ltd Edition BBS Forged Alloys

Has anyone enquired as to if these are available to buy from their local Honda dealer?

I asked and was told no at first and then possibly but at £2k a wheel. Anyone know different?

I’m going to try other avenues but it seems a missed opportunity that Honda aren’t a little more proactive here. The fact it doesn’t seem a firm answer either way, makes me think I should dig a little deeper.

It’s that or I simply go with the likes of HRE, Vossen or similar. Fine wheels but they definitely know how to charge.

The costs sounds about right compared to the 18" BBS forged alloys on the GR Yaris. They are £1600 each.
They are nice but vastly overpriced compared to similar after market wheels.

No that’s fair. I gave up on that idea in the end. There’s a lot of worry and concern about going for a different size and offset but there’s so many in the US that have done this and are running them hard on track I’m pretty sure they’d be saying if it was better to stick with the oem set up.
ET45 to ET48 kind of area seems popular. If also going wider at the same time the difference in scrub radius is negligible.
I totally get why some may not want to do this and keep things oem, I’m just not sure I could warrant £8k to do it but that’s just me.

8k is too much certainly, that’s why I’m looking at other options also.

I’ve read much re our cousins across the pond; many seem desperate to downsize for various reasons. I ran OEM 21s on my last car and OEM 20s on the car before that, so I’m happy with the size/comfort/looks balance afforded by the stock wheels and would prefer to keep to the OEM spec.

With this being my first foray into Type Rs (and Honda for that matter) I am a little surprised at the lack of aftermarket wheel applications in the original spec.

Back