• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Main console Fan/ heater controls and surrounds.

Scottish Type-R

TRO Supporter
Hi All,

Looks like my fan speed surround on my EP3 hasn't been fitted back properly. How do you get the fan dial off to get to the facia part to push the surround back in? I will go and get pics in a moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fan knob should just pull off and the surround is held on with 3 clips attached to it. The surround should just push on into place.

Mine did the same as yours, could see the light through the gap. Found the clip had broken on the surround but so a dab of glue to put it in place and not moved since.

Yeah it happened before and the clip was broken. I ordered new the one that is on now. I tried to take off the control knob but it isn't budging.

I've stripped more consoles than I can count, if you still need a hand let me know. I've got a great big pile of all these parts and I'm very good at ripping stuff apart. With gusto.

Hell, if we ruin the console and fan selector unit, then we just pick another one out of the pile in my garage.

Lol thanks. I managed to get the fan speed control knob removed with no issues in the end. Looks like the surround has a broken clip.

Back