• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mileage

Hi All
who has the highest mileage honda civic Type- R,mine has done 198600 miles should I be worried?it basically just had regular oil and filter change ,I was thinking of getting the engine re-built I love the car had it 8 years,Any thoughts and advise would be much appreciated
Cheers
Stephen

You need to take your car to a good mechanic, who can do the checks on the engine and transmission. Brakes fluids etc. Is the engine using oil? Have you had the gearbox oil changed, I would have thought you would have by now? A visual check under the car .This would give an indication as to the condition of the car as a whole. The yearly mot test would have shown anything that needed to be done regarding roadworthy. But not engine,transmission, hope this helps
Regards Fred.

I don’t see the point of a rebuild if the engine is performing as it should and doesn’t leak oil/water/air/exhaust gases or make strange noises. Take it to a decent tuning company and have a compression test done just to make sure the pistons/rings/bores are ok and continue to enjoy.

Back