• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen 200

Sorry i haven't read all of this but what part do you need? A genuine m200 splitter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah genuine front splitter. They've been discontinued though so insurer has agreed to the full front aero bumper instead, which is being manufactured in Japan.

It's a good thing that the interiors are nice in Alfa's, as you'll be spending quite some time in it whilst the car is on the hard shoulder...
You're actually advised to stay outside the car on the hard shoulder. So you'll be able to admire the Alfa styling

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Watching the flames lap over the paintwork from the safety of being behind the barrier.

Worries about FN2 getting damaged by idiots when using it as a daily. Viable alternative is to buy a more expensive car and use that as a daily instead; as if idiots will be more considerate towards it. Man logic.

Ha, you know it mate!

All about the spares (or lack of them) for M200. FK2 parts are plentiful! See, logic :)

That was harsh on the damage to the car Welshy. :( I am glad your getting it sorted out. But agreed with you that with them discontinuing the parts I can see why you would want to move to the FK2.

Hope it all works out for you. :D

There's a for sale post on the TRO Facebook page now for a FK2 for £25K

Shocked about the original parts being discontinued.

fingers crossed it arrives safely when it does.

There's a for sale post on the TRO Facebook page now for a FK2 for £25K

Yeah, I forgot to delete that earlier. Sold mine for £26k with mods...

Alright, so after a bit of a wobble, I've decided I'm going to keep the car. Just been so much fun driving it again, think I needed the break to re-appreciate what I've got. Was really interesting to see the poll results on whether to keep it too.

Once the full repair work is done in April, I'll be using it less as a daily due to the scarcity of parts. So, with everyday practicality no longer as important, I thought "fog lights aren't important" and sorted these for when the bumper is being replaced:

Got a really good deal from Hendy, so they weren't much more than the fakes doing the rounds.

Excellent!

Personally, I honestly had more fun in my FN2. It might not ultimately be as fast, but it's more of an event to me.

(Still think you should get a TVR/Caterham/Lotus for a weekend car, but I'll let that one go. :) )

Excellent!

Personally, I honestly had more fun in my FN2. It might not ultimately be as fast, but it's more of an event to me.

Which some people do not seem to grasp.

'The FK2 is the most over engineered and fastest Type R ever made. It is without a doubt the best'.

Shut up.

Thanks guys!

Can't seem to reply using your quotes for some reason, but Loxy and Chris sum it up perfectly. I just love the sound of the Mugen intake kicking in at 3400rpm VTEC and the second jump at the original VTEC point. Plus you don't need to be doing silly speeds to get that sound and have fun.

The FK2 other than noise is better in every way than mine, but technically better and fun better are definitely two different things and that swung it for me in the end.

C4Doc - having them painted black.

yeah I can't reply with quote either.

nice.

Looking forward to getting an exhaust & map on mine. Teg airbox doesn't do much sound wise I don't think really but still a little better than stock.

Back