• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Its been a long process with lots of changes along the way but ive finally bought a car

She's a 2008 with 57k miles and a grade 4.
Im not sure on mods apart from the wheels and gauge on the dash but its with the agent on Monday for pics etc.

I asked Andy at 200bhpcars to originally source me a new as can be facelift DC5 in blue or black but after 4 or 5 months not much had come up. The cars that did come up for auction went for £14-15K OTR which i wasn't going to pay for.

I then started to lose hope and looked at other cars, like Evos and FD2's. Not thinking i could afford an FD, i sent one across i liked to Andy as a joke. To my surprise he replied telling me that they were within budget if i didn't mind going up on the miles.
I thought f*ck it, its about time i stopped being so anal about miles.

5 or so weeks later, here we are.

Im really happy, especially as its blue and i had settled on getting a white FD as the other colours are rare.

Now comes the waiting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated from when i got the car home:

So, i have it!

To say it was a rushed event is an understatement. I had just finished shopping at B&Q and was in Sam's car.
I get a message from Andy, then a photo message, Log book arrived!
Enter mass panic mode, trying to work out which train to get and what will be the cheapest, etc.

That was at around dinner time, before i know it im on the train to Newcastle. Its a long journey but my head was all over the place with excitement.
Andy meets me, Sam and my daughter at the train station and drives me to the car. Had a really good chat on the way and we were also laughing at the drinkers in Newcastle.

Get to the car and it starts raining :lol:
Luckily its under the carport. The gates are opened and there it is. WOW! It looks amazing!
I check the car out and its really clean, everything looks fresh and new.

We go for a test drive and the car is stiff, it feels like its on coilovers but it feels good. The power delivery is smooth.
I get chance to open it up on the dual carriageway and its feels fast. It reaches speeds where i could get in to trouble quickly so i have to back off.

I love it! Andy had even fitted the stereo well, with the usb cables tucked away nicely.
So with paperwork all signed and sealed we set off to a local Premier Inn, they were full.

So i had to drive 3 hours to home. The car isn't really a motorway cruiser :lol:
But the lack of comfort is made up for it when you hit the bends.

Pics at Andys

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Update time.
Had my Mugen grille painted and I picked it up today.
So I fitted it.

Quite simple to do apart from 4 clips underneath the grille.
I need to get new ones really.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 03/06/15

New LED bulbs now in place

Rear internal light

Old bulbs

Comparison

They look a bit dull on the number plate but i'll check when it goes dark.
Ive got some coming from China which i ordered by mistake. So not a total loss.

-------------------------------------------

Update

No words

D28EEA92-13D8-4AF1-B606-94A23081FA73_zpskmlj5yrt.jpg

5C5D8E53-04E7-477C-9AAD-45F481A6A2F6_zps2cdzax9q.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Been and had a Clifford 330 upgrade alarm fitted today as my insurance said the OEM alarm wasn't CAT 1

84659A88-BDF6-4256-8470-784CAE8287D4_zps8wjtjs3p.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 21/06/15

Ok so i spent most of this afternoon cleaning my alloys and fitting the WedsSport nuts.

Found that the front passenger alloy has 2 grooves inside the wheel, maybe a stone or something has gotten in there while in Japan and scored it?
Sods law says that its the last wheel i cleaned and decided to take photos of. Also the front wheels have 5mm spacers on them? Unsure why.

Dirty

In process

Clean

All done

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Flashpro

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news Mark! Have seen you go through the cars looking for the right one since the DC5, so congrats. Time to start crossing off days on the calendar now...

I know, ive regretted selling the DC5 but if i hadn't then i would of always wanted the cars ive owned.
Its given me an eye opener and i know i'll be happy to get behind a JDM Type R

Very good :smt023

The idea of getting another one reappears from time to time, but I know that it'll ultimately make me drive like a complete arseclown again.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: I used up all nine lives last time round...luck will run out and I'll get nicked doing 135 down the A4

Did just fire up the usual auction/sales sites though.

:lol:

I know what you mean, Ive been lucky so far.
As for the auctions, im having withdrawals not looking at cars for the past day :lol:

Sod the wheels, get that disgusting gauge off of your dash pronto! :lol:

Aside from that, well done; you achieved what I couldn't bring myself to do. Yet I wanted a purple one, which seem to attract a further JDM tax as they hardly ever come up for sale/ auction.

Very nice Mark. I'll have a poke around it at a steak meet no doubt! :smt023

Cheers guys
The gauge does look like a clip on job and not drilled. Hopefully.
I would love a Purple one but couldn't afford the £17k+ to buy it.

Loxy - it'll be good see if there's any differences from your old one mate

Nice choice Mark. Looks like a tidy car bud. Be nice to see this at JAE this year.

as per Facebook mate the car looks superb, actually think the wheels look fine, may just need coating in a darker colour but that can be done in time.

every night between now and then is going to be like Christmas Eve for you haha

I know mate. I might see if he can take his time and get it ready for Easter. Then i can have 5 days off with it.
FLOL as if that's going to happen :lol:

Back