• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My BMC has broke it :-(

Fitted my BMC today and it cut out when I gave it some gas.

It will not start any more.

I have checked all electrical connections around the filter but to no joy.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Any comments would be appreciated.

TT

Nothing to add from what i said on CTRO apart from hope you get it sorted soon. :( :(

All electrics are fine, car turns over but just does no start mate. :?

Shame really because the BMC looks the dogs. :roll:

tommyturbo said:
All electrics are fine, car turns over but just does no start mate. :?

Shame really because the BMC looks the dogs. :roll:

Hmm

Have you tried the OEM box to see if it starts that way?

Also when I had a simota fitted I had this problem.. I pulled fuse 6 out for 5 minutes and that sorted the problem out.

Tried the fuse trick Stu with no joy. Haven't tried putting the OEM box back on as what ever is wrong will be still there I would say.

Even disconnected the battery and left it for 4 hours.

AA van to Honda some time tomorrow :(

Im out of ideas mate :cry:

Let me know how you get on..

OEM box must go back on when going to the stealers as they will blame your BMC even if its not down to the BMC.

I'm thinking about telling them that it has been running for a short time with the BMC, after all its only a box with a paper cone in.

But I have to agree it will make sense to put the OEM back on but I then will have to put the BMC on and risk the same problem.

If I leave it on they might just reset the ECU and everything could be Jim Dandy.

I will make my mind up in the morning after I have slept on it.

Thanks for the replys and keep em coming.

OK, got the car back from the dealers and no fault found with the OEM air box on.

So today I tried again.

I warmed the car up and pulled the ECU fuse out, replaced the BMC replaced the fuse and left the car on idle for 20mins. Then I held the revs at difference ranges for a while.

Now, when I put the car under load I.E. pulling away this is when the fuse blew last week but this time I pulled away very gingerly and took it very steady round the countryside doing nothing over 50 for 30 miles and then opened her up.

:twisted: What a sound.

All fixed :D

If anybody has any explanations please post them here as I am a little confused :?

Ta.

TT

PS just need to put the bracket on in the morning.

Pics here http://usera.imagecave.com/tommyturbo/

080FDC6012-A82F-B352-9120CCB060BDD280.jpg

Nice one mate, glad its all sorted now, if i remember i'll aquire some hose from work tom. You can have it on sunday, its rubber and i think far better than the stuff supplied!!!
Later
AC :lol:

Bloody strange fault.

Never heard of it before with any induction kit.

Oh well i am glad its gone away. :wink:

andycole said:
Nice one mate, glad its all sorted now, if i remember i'll aquire some hose from work tom. You can have it on sunday, its rubber and i think far better than the stuff supplied!!!
Later

Ta mate 8)

tommyturbo said:
andycole said:
Later

Ta mate 8)

Its in the boot now mate, waiting for sunday with your apple tea!!
Cheers

Back