• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my cosmic grey build thread

thought it best to start a thread to update on a regular basis instead of starting loads of little threads-so here goes

car-2004 ep3 type r in cosmic grey-76k-standard when brought 8 weeks ago apart from an earthing kit,always has and will be ran on v-power

things i have done so far

-oil/filter change for valvoline 5w40 fully synthetic
-new oem clutch 3 days ago with fresh mt3 gear oil
-tegiwa carbon induction kit fitted
-magnex 5" slash cut back box fitted
-uprated bulbs upfront inc dipped/main and side

upcoming plans are

-fit my pioneer dehp6100 head unit
-trip to apb motorsport for a FRSU,valve clearances and -30mm eibach springs
-tinted windows
-rota alloys
-maybe a big brake conversion or uprated discs/pads etc
-engine bay bling
-funky gear knob

problems with car

-n/s headlight full of condensation so needs replacing

i thought i had syncro problems but since having new clutch fitted the gear change is 100% perfect

heres a few random pics

tried cleaning up the exhaust,using a full can of mr muscle oven cleaner-worked ok but got a rollocking off her in doors :rolleyes:
DSCF1176-1.jpg

DSCF1175.jpg

parked next to my mates 400bhp evo 6
DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1152.jpg

when i got it
DSCF1146.jpg

im off work in 4 weeks for 10 days so im planning a full detail on the car including engine bay cleaning (which ive never done before)

cheer-matt

Very nice. I only realised you had a cosmic today when you posted the pics of the Tegiwa and Magnex.

Looking forward to the updates! :smt023

100% agree. I went to view a NHB before I bought my EP3 and the thing that put me off was how much it showed up tiny imperfections and light scratches. I knew it would drive me nuts owning one.

Cosmic does show off the lines of the car though. :)

few bits ready to fit,un-silenced b-pipe and d2 rear camber arms-going abp on thursday for a full FRSU inc -30mm springs

DSCF1201.jpg

DSCF1200.jpg

DSCF1194.jpg

how come you sold the car in the end? also did the oven cleaner work on the exhaust??

how come you sold the car in the end? also did the oven cleaner work on the exhaust??

not sold the car yet mate but will be selling up soon as i want an evo,yeah the oven cleaner worked well and was £5 cheaper than autosol :) although i did get a rollicking off her indoors as i used it all

From other posts thought it had already gone, shame. Not the car you hoped it would be?? And my missis has never cleaned the oven anyway so i think I'll get away with it

From other posts thought it had already gone, shame. Not the car you hoped it would be?? And my missis has never cleaned the oven anyway so i think I'll get away with it

not at all mate its a brilliant car just not quick enough for me,all my mates have boost and i dont and i feel left out,i will definatly miss the type r

fair enough, why not just charge the r :p, sure you can get plenty of advice on here :). what evo you looking for?

fair enough, why not just charge the r :p, sure you can get plenty of advice on here :). what evo you looking for?

to expensive to charge it mate,looking at evo 3/4/5/6 which ever comes up the best spec really would also consider an astra gsi mk4 turbo or a scooby

Sweet , sounds good. How about Leon Cupra r's. I was looking at them at the same time as the r. Can get 300 out of them by just remapping

It's too expensive boosting a CTR, but you gonna enjoy it!

I've been in a modified turbo charged CTR and the handling is superb. And I felt the car would fly when it hits VTEC. LOL

Very nice mate! How does that exhaust sound?

sounds awesome matey,its a 2.5" bore unsilenced b-pipe mated with the magnex 5" jap can,real deep sound,makes slight pops and burbles with no tin-like raspy sound,exhaust will be up for sale when the car goes up for sale

Back