• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FD2! RedH88

Hi all, so yesterday I became the owner of a vivid blue pearl FD2 and I am over the moon with it. The car was purchased from Chris on here and as you already may know, it is extremely well looked after example. A lot of mods that I wanted to do have already been done so initially, I am just going to enjoy it as it is and try and book a track day ASAP!

Here it is, safely home after a 3 hour journey with the rest of the family. My E90 330d will be going soon to make room for the FD2.

The 330d is running approx. 360bhp/550ftlbs with a quaife LSD, Bilstein B12 suspension, so completely different animal to the FD2, but I really wanted a special Japanese car at least once in my life.

I'll post any further updates accordingly!
84c8c8c0df0d30793fdc6c0756a76e8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

Some very minor additions to the car. Added some red footwell ambient lights and also some Pioneer 6.5 inch speakers to the rear shelf as it only has the front speakers as standard. I normally like to have really good audio in my car but not going to go any further with this one!

Extra weight will kill my lap times now!!! Haha.

Congrats on the new car.

Did the speakers fit straight in or did you need adapters?
I'm looking to add one of those mini amps to mine, to get the most out of the speakers.

Congrats on the new car.

Did the speakers fit straight in or did you need adapters?
I'm looking to add one of those mini amps to mine, to get the most out of the speakers.
Thank you!

I made some mdf adapters, on which I screwed the speakers first. Then screwed this assembly to the rear shelf from underneath in the boot.

Ah cool, any ideas where you want to put the mini amp?

Thank you!

I made some mdf adapters, on which I screwed the speakers first. Then screwed this assembly to the rear shelf from underneath in the boot.

Ah cool, any ideas where you want to put the mini amp?

I have some mdf adapters from a previous car so hopefully they'll fit, thanks.

Behind the glovebox probably. They're quite neat little things and I have the T-harness already.

I have some mdf adapters from a previous car so hopefully they'll fit, thanks.

Behind the glovebox probably. They're quite neat little things and I have the T-harness already.
Excellent, that sounds quite good actually. Tbh, I didn't even know there was such things as mini amps that small lol. I'll take a look!

So some bad news - one of my wheels has buckled on the inside. I must have hit a pot hole and only realised at around 60/70mph when the steering was shaking! Took it a wheel repair place and they said its not repairable and it needs a new wheel :(

It didn't look too bad as per the pic but they said its twisted as well as buckled. I just can't understand how it has become so badly damaged if I can't even remember the pot hole?!!
d53c7110b47a50a6032ee7a9a7e7ee8f.jpg

High offset wheels mean the inside edge is very much unsupported, and low profile tyres mean there's nothing to cushion the impact. It'll take far less of a hit than you think to do that sort of damage, just need to catch an edge right (or wrong).

I have a similar looking dink, albeit on the outside of the rim, and have been told it's no problem to repair.
Obviously, yours is different but still worth getting a second opinion maybe?

High offset wheels mean the inside edge is very much unsupported, and low profile tyres mean there's nothing to cushion the impact. It'll take far less of a hit than you think to do that sort of damage, just need to catch an edge right (or wrong).
Yes, this makes sense. It probably got caught so cleanly that I didn't even realise!

I have a similar looking dink, albeit on the outside of the rim, and have been told it's no problem to repair.
Obviously, yours is different but still worth getting a second opinion maybe?
Yes, this was the first thing these guys told me that it would be no problem. It was only when they took it off and said the complete wheel was twisted. It did surprise me tbh. I probably should have gone and got a second opinion but I just ended up ordering a new wheel a couple of hours ago. Long wait from Japan now as there's none in the country.

Yes, this was the first thing these guys told me that it would be no problem. It was only when they took it off and said the complete wheel was twisted. It did surprise me tbh. I probably should have gone and got a second opinion but I just ended up ordering a new wheel a couple of hours ago. Long wait from Japan now as there's none in the country.

Hopefully mine doesn't turn out the same.

So yesterday I went on my very first track day at Three Sisters. It's only a small circuit but was such good fun! Had 7 x 15 min sessions in total and the car was absolutely flawless. Hats off to Chris for having it set up so perfectly.

Although I'm new to track driving, it was clearly evident that this car is something special. The way it can carry speed through corners and feeling the plated diff do its magic, my word it was sensational. The brakes did not suffer one bit, in fact they felt better as the day went on!

It was made even better that everyone else there was so friendly and were there just to have a good time.

In the morning, it was dry but the rain came in the afternoon. That's when the tyres shown some weakness in a couple of the corners where it started to understeer and couldn't carry nowhere near as much speed as before.

Unfortunately didn't manage to get any pics but here is a random pic from when it was cooling off :)
c0e32ad42b24d7abcf6ce4b53411b156.jpg

Looks great man, you getting a replacement wheel or a new set of wheels altogether?

Looks great man, you getting a replacement wheel or a new set of wheels altogether?
Thanks! Just one replacement. In fact, it should be hear soon! I ordered it through driftworks and the delivery was around 6 weeks.

So, the track pads have come off and have been replaced with road going Brembo HP2000. The squealing was getting a bit tiresome ha.
The track pads have been stored until the next track day in the new year as there is plenty of life left in them.

Back