• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My first ever Type R

Hi all!

I spotted that I never got around doing this post for my new car. I took the plunge into the world of Type R's from my old and trusty '98 Civic Saloon. I had the money on hand and knew I HAD to get something with a K-engine - so it was a matter of choosing either the EP3, FN2 or an Accord.
I ended up sourcing this Championship White in Denmark - and it has even been sold here from new. That's pretty rare, given that these were almost 50.000 pounds from new - and they are still changing hands at a premium. I paid almost the same as you UK-based guys would pay for a used FK2, so it's not easy...

Anyway, I did it, and I absolutely love it. I have done around 10k kilometres in it already, and what a blast it has been. I took it to Le Mans and back, and I have had so much fun over the summer - and there's hopefully much more to come.
Now, I only need to sort out a few minor details. All four wheels have minor scuffs, and the tires are probably due to be replaced in the autumn. So I'll throw on the winter tires and get it all fixed up for 2018.
I hate to say it's my daily - it deserves to be put away for the winter, but I can't afford to run two cars for the time being. I hope it changes. :)

honda-civic-type-r-championship-white.jpg

Fair play dude. It looks like you had to work hard for that car I had no idea they cost so much over there. It's a really nice example of an FN2, enjoy and welcome to the world of Type Rs

What a great experience that must have been. Some nice pics too!

Le Mans was amazing. We did +3500 km in ten days. From Viborg to Le Mans, and then via Omaha Beach and some other D-day sites back. We also visited Cologne on the way home.
I have not planned anything for 2018 yet, but I would love to visit SPA or Nürburgring on the way. :)

Back