• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

Ive decided to start my own thread in the members car area.
Its less cluttered than the other thread and i can add mods etc.

So this is how it looked when i picked it up.

null_zps43a75d2a.jpg

Something new to me

Brace in the boot and plastic cover for dead bodies

Hidden AMP

Its the little things

Small mod

Turbo Timer not plugged in

Still figuring stuff out with the car and stuff.

First thing i need is a stereo, then i can think about wheels and suspension.

Oh and i need to fit my GM but im not sure where a pipe goes??? No instructions.

So today i decided to fit my Gruppe M.

I started off by finding a bung or cap for the extra pipe which goes to the breather pipe as i haven't got the equipment to add that bit yet. I took a trip to Halfords and B&Q but no luck. So i thought about blocking the pipe with a bolt and then using a hose clip to tie it in.

I started to fit the kit and hit a snag straight away, the pipe wouldn't fit past the AFM?
So i took the pipe off and thought about getting a blanking cap but the adapter plate wouldn't fit snug. Something wasn't right.
I stripped the plate down and then noticed the hole the pipe was fitted in was bodged manually not by the factory. The last owner had retro fitted the plate for his mods and it didn't fit mine without leaving holes in the adapter plate that i would have to fill.

Luckily the car had a Blitz filter already on it and after stripping that I was able to fit the adapter plate from that to the GM kit.
The only problem was i had to use nuts and bolts which would be inside the filter!
So i added Threadlocker to them and tightened up everything really tight. I also had to adapt the Blitz mount to fit to the car and filter.

After a jiggle and a poke it all fitted together and isn't moving.
I will probably replace the nuts and bolts with something less risky at some point, going to see if they work themselves loose by checking them each week first. If the threadlocker is doing its job then im happy.

It sounds a bit louder but not loads due to it already having the Blitz already fitted. Power wise, it spins up in second quite easily now where as it gripped before if i kept the wheel straight. Its seems quicker on the way to 70mph but it could just be good old placebo effect. At least there will be less heat soak.

Drifting in a car park, into a lamp post....

I will have a good look at JAE :)

Nice car Mark.

No doughnuts at JAE on Sunday morning either. Those Del Sols jump out of nowhere. ;)

Back