• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 My Sportline Has Landed

Thanks for the group approval. I collected my first Type R last week after having 4 previous Civics. Hope its ok to post some pictures of my toned down FK8. I am loving it but so far spent more time cleaning it than driving it. Only have short 4 mile journey to work each day. So not had much chance to open it up yet but taking it easy until I get used to it. I do not plan to do anything to it, just keeping it as is. Never driven a Type R before so this FK8 seems a little stiff to me in Sport mode. So comfort mode seems a lighter drive on my short daily stints. Bonus is even my wife seems to like it, which is good as she hated the FK2 a few years ago when we sat in one in the show room as she said it was too low to sit in. This one feels the same seat height as my previous Prestige. I guess not many of these around as yet?

Anyway Thanks for the website. I have watched it for a few years and enjoy all the various Civic Forums that are around as interesting sources of info and tips .

IMG-0402.jpg

IMG-0395-LI.jpg

IMG-0397.jpg

IMG-0398-LI.jpg

IMG-0400-LI.jpg

IMG-0401-LI.jpg

Nice one, well done!!
Sportline looks a lot better in the best colour ;) as i think the brighter colours it is definitely lacking something missing the spoiler. But tastes change etc. Two years ago, when i got mine, i would have bitten your hand off for the black front seats but now i love the red! Nothing wrong with the black though!! :)

Thanks for the welcome and comments. As for the deal the dealer was not giving much away but did contribute to about £1.3K. I had to pay for carpets and 5 year service plan. They did cover the metallic paint cost plus a bit more so got about £1.3K reduction. Also had some Equity left when returning the 3 year old Prestige which then got a further re-evaluation later that reduced my monthly payments by another £30 from my original £350 desired monthly payment on the PCP. The nice surprise was they also got the vehicle registration to be ---- OTR :)

R-43267 if anyone collects the numbers :cool:

Wow Polished metal metallic stunning colour. Same as mine, a fk2. Funny my wife has the same model of Civic but it's a 1.8ivtec. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back