• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need new cheap tyres for MOT.

CSB

Currently have worn out F1 Asymmetrics and need to replace them for an MOT. REALLY tight on cash currently so looking to do this sensibly and cheaply. I've seen that camskill have the Toyo T1R at a pretty respectable price and I can get them delivered under £300 however Nankang NS2 Ultra sports are significantly cheaper and will get me through an MOT but how much will I regret it if I go down this route?

I'm just commuting and not driving too enthusiastically (much as it pains me to do so). Just looking for honest advice on what to genuinely expect.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Need new boots all round and cheap.

Nankang's have a dreadful reputation. No personal experience, but I'd avoid like the plague personally.

Is that £300 for four or two tyres?

With winter coming and the cold wet weather its an even greater reason to steer clear of Nankangs.

Is it wrong that I kinda do. :p

Seriously though, are they that bad if I just drive sensibly? They get a bad rep on here but looking through the reviews: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/NS2.htm , many are happy with them.

I know what I would like to get for my car but I'm seriously tight on money currently.
do u ever push your car? i had these on a set of old alloys i used through winter and had understeer at 30 with frsu
wouldn't like to think what they would be like on the rear at speed in the bends

Last edited by a moderator:
So there's no reason I shouldn't go for the Toyo T1R? I'm officially turned off the prospect of dying in a brown stained Nankang caused accident.

So there's no reason I shouldn't go for the Toyo T1R? I'm officially turned off the prospect of dying in a brown stained Nankang caused accident.
no either the toyo's or the falken 912s or avon zz3 if there similar price

Chris, please avoid the text typing.

OP, buy the best tyres you can afford.

Never ever scrimp on tyres, no matter how slow you drive.

I had Nankangs on mine when I got it, they shouldn't be legal in my opinion, Absolutely shocking!!
I've got Bridgestone Potenza's on now and couldn't believe the difference.

Back