• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Neil's red ep3.

Hello folks,

Recently bought my milano red ep3 30th anniversary edition about 4 weeks ago. Needs a good few things but generally is a decent enough straight base to start from. Had a couple of B16a CRX's a good while ago, but was surprised just how much more grunt the K20A has compared to those. Probably one of the 'elder' members to join around here no doubt at 45 :smt064 I went through the 'turbo years', GT Turbo's, Cosworths, Scooby's etc running silly boost.:evil:

I got the car mainly as a commute second car as the mrs changed her job too far away for one car - so good excuse I thought! :p

It's already just been up to Stevie at Grinspeed (after reading here) for a new genuine Honda clutch kit including spigot bush + a new rare 4KG lightweight Kaiten flywheel. Huge improvement, gearbox is slick, no crunches at all. Flywheel made a huge difference being a pre facelift ep3.

Here's a quick picture on day I brought it home, will get some other snaps up as it progresses.

http://

Only bother I've had was yesterday the EML came on - turns out my obdii reader says it's the front o2 sensor, so ordered one to fit myself.
Hoping to get a FRSU done at Grinspeed soon as the car already has Tein lowering springs on it, -30mm I think.

Current spec as it arrived;
Black vinyl roof.
Black oem alloys.
K&N Typhoon.
Tein 30mm lowering springs.
Piper cat back stainless system with oval tail.
Added;
New clutch oem honda.
Kaiten 4kg Flywheel.
Red suede gear gaiter.
Buddy-club Racing Spec Quick Shift.
New gearknob.
New front & rear type-r badges + civic badge from honda (were missing).
Currently repainting dash console etc & fitting new stereo.
Some stickers in pic removed already.

Needs a damn good clean inside!

More to follow soon.
Cheers for now.
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
bit of a clean

Starting to spruce up. After a good vacuum still wasn't happy with the red original mats so took them upstairs with me when I got back. Decided to fling them in the washing machine while the Mrs was out ! :lol:
Washed each one separately, came up trumps!

Comparison to the left unwashed.

50º with surf on prewash cotton cycle, superwash & extra rinse buttons on for those willing to try by the way. 8kg load machine.

Not many Milano EP3s around. Car looks good.

Then I go and see 3 different ladies all driving milano red EP3s at the weekend. lol

Will be good to see what else you add to the car.

:D

Just bought a 30th Anniversary myself last week in Milano red had one 8 years ago and couldn't resist prefer driving it to my mk2 Focus RS its done 144k miles but drives spot on.

PS Neil i'm 47 age is only a number!!!!!!!!!

Just bought a 30th Anniversary myself last week in Milano red had one 8 years ago and couldn't resist prefer driving it to my mk2 Focus RS its done 144k miles but drives spot on.

There is a couple of other "oldies" on here i'm 51, as you say it's only a number.

Lol lets behonest being old has its advantages with these cars. Our insurance is a lot cheaper and with mods it don't cost a lot more. :)

First off sorry for the late reply, all car stuff been on hold while I've been been building/diy in the house Nearly finished that soon.

Excellent, have you got a build thread up? Hard to resist the EP3, which I picked over an FN2.
Seems I'm in the right crowd then with the oldies :)

There is a couple of other "oldies" on here i'm 51, as you say it's only a number.

Makes me feel not so bad drving about as every EP3 I see usually has a youngen' in it!

I turned 40 this year and treated myself to my Cosmic ep3. Midlife crisis? No never!

:lol:

Lol lets behonest being old has its advantages with these cars. Our insurance is a lot cheaper and with mods it don't cost a lot more. :)
8-[
Quite true!

I have managed to squeeze in finding a genuine ctr rear privacy glass boot from a Premier edition because although mine did originally have the same it got broken by a previous owner (possibly from shutting the boot down on his bikes crammed in the back :evil: )

So since the roof is black I went with the NHB bootlid complete.... need to order a new 30th anniversary sticker from the stealers though.

Changed oil & filter yesterday at work, used Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 and a shortie Hamp filter.

Those michelin stealth wipers from asda are very good by the way, so good in fact I bought another pair for stock as they had them on offer.

Wheels and tyres next... refurb the oem's or new or second hand... mulling it over still.

Kaiten 4kg flywheel - no problems, no judder, faster response and rev. Japanese made so wasn't expecting any issues.

The NTK Jap O2 sensor has been perfectly fine since I fitted that ages ago and was only 50 odd pounds. Balked at the Honda price!

Refurb them yourself mate. Nice feedback regarding the sensor for future reference. Did you fit the flywheel yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. What to do getting refurb done? Need 4 other wheels on (no garage) and need to get to work. Have used pristine wheels before (sent away) for one wheel on a bmw, but a bit pricey. Came back like new though & boxed.

Stevie at Grinspeed did the flywheel as well as fitting a new OEM clutch kit from honda.

Nice car and don't worry about that age thing! I'm 46 and had my first CTR more than 13 years ago. Now I'm back with a JDM CTR as a fast road / track toy! :)

Engine gone

So the other day taking the wife the supermarket locally the engine started up and started to make an odd noise around 2.5k to 3k rpm. Oil checked all the time and recent change and filter 2 months ago.

Crawled it back the half mile fortunately and it seems to be the bottom end knocking! Grrrr. It's on 125k miles. Was hoping for some better lifespan than that. Resorted to selling now.:(

Saw this on ebay this morning, shame man as it does have some nice parts on it. Can't you source another bottom end?

Back