• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new clutch yesterday...............

well i had my new clutch yesterday with new gear oil hoping it would make the gear change alot smoother and stop me having to fight to get it into 1st/out of reverse

and it has,im really really chuffed with it the gear change now is super slick its like a new car,no more notchiness at all just a really pleasant gear change,i had to have new arb links as they had to grind mine off due to being seized solid but other than that it was fine

i dont think i will bother with the uprated bushes now all i want to do is grease the linkage up as its dried out a bit to make it super super smooth,im so glad its not my syncro's,the clutch that came out was "fubar" it was paper thin and the release bearing was full of clutch dust

just for today im mr happy not mr angry

cheers for the help guys on pointing me in the right direction

p.s i take it i have to bed it in for so many miles before i give it some beans?

Told you ;)

Re; bedding it in.....

If the flywheel hasn't been changed too, then I'd give it a few hundred miles to bed in personally.

Told you ;)

Re; bedding it in.....

If the flywheel hasn't been changed too, then I'd give it a few hundred miles to bed in personally.

show off :)

yeah im going to bed it in a bit,i dont drive harsh anyway ie full throttle launches etc

not going to bother with those bushes matey as my gear change is as smooth as my big fat bald head :)

cheers for your offer and advice matey-much appreciated

how much did it cost in the mr angry, i need to go down this route soon. mines on 90,000 and its got no paperwork for a new clutch. and the clutch doesnt feel amazing. want to put a prefacelift flywheel and a LSD in as well though. best get saving

how much did it cost in the mr angry, i need to go down this route soon. mines on 90,000 and its got no paperwork for a new clutch. and the clutch doesnt feel amazing. want to put a prefacelift flywheel and a LSD in as well though. best get saving

i paid £150 for the clutch,£18 for the gear oil (2 litres) and £190 in labour + £50 for 2 new anti roll bars as they had to be cut off due to being seized....gggrrrrr

seems reasonable, was going to uprate to JDM ARB at some point as well. Might as well do the lot in a oner. £400 plus a LSD and flywheel, going to be expensive :(. Did you ever get your gear linkage bush kit? If so you getting rid off it?

seems reasonable, was going to uprate to JDM ARB at some point as well. Might as well do the lot in a oner. £400 plus a LSD and flywheel, going to be expensive :(. Did you ever get your gear linkage bush kit? If so you getting rid off it?

no matey dont need it at all,my gear change is super slick now pal.....me happy

hmmm, think ill get my clutch done then look into it if i still want it tighter, cheers :)

Useful thread, cheers.
Mines on 138000, had it since 88000 and there is no evidence of a clutch in the FSH. It doesnt slip but it bites very low but the gear changes aren't too bad tbh
Do you reckon its worth getting it done even though it isnt slipping? (the thrust bearing can be heard when the clutch is dis-engaged...)
Maybe I should get a new ARB too in case mine like yours is seized...

If the bite point is low, then the pressure plate spring has become weak and/or the friction disc has a lot of wear.

I'd change it for peace of mind personally.

MR ANGRY, that's a very reasonable cost actually for a clutch change.

why are you going for a pre-facelift flywheel? the facelift one is lightened isn't it?

My clutch bites very early and the shift is a bit notchy. 6th gear can be difficult to get sometimes. Maybe my clutch is on it's last legs. :( Meant to mention, the cars done 72000 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
My clutch bites very early and the shift is a bit notchy. 6th gear can be difficult to get sometimes. Maybe my clutch is on it's last legs. :( Meant to mention, the cars done 72000 miles.

well to anyone who requires a clutch you can do a lot worse than ring unit8 (eight speed) they gave me the best price on a clutch delivered and were really helpfull too,dont forget you need 2 litres of honda mtf3 gear oil when you change the clutch

How long did it take them to change your clutch Mr Angry? If I do need a new clutch, I may use the same people as yourself.
I'm only down the A5 at Dordon so fairly close.

Back