• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new CR-X? Updated: CR-Z

Surely the basic concept of the car is eco-friendly? -_____-

No, not really, but almost.

Honda dont have a Coupe in their fleet at the moment, not from base design anyway, this follows in the footsteps of the CRX and the Integra.

It does however have a new hybrid engine, so I think Honda are making a double launch sort of thing, new engine, new model, new image.

They will both help sell eachother.

IE, the eco technology could be placed into a existing range if succesfull and a sporty engine could be placed into the new coupe.

A Type R version would be cool, and something I'd like to see.

On the spec sheet: 9.9 for the 0-62mph.

I don't know if I could live with that. That's 1.5 seconds slower than a 1.8 Civic (Jayne's car), which doesn't feel that quick. :rolleyes:

I was almost tempted for a test drive but I think I'll wait for quicker version. :(

I have the "offical" PDF that was given to the dealership which shows spec etc but I dont know how to host it so if someone would be kind enough to do this, PM your email address and I can send it over.

From what ive read and seen the plan is for a Type R version with the 1.5 litre petrol engine tuned to 150bhp by Mugen and a 50bhp electric motor.

Sounds OK, gets annihilated on some of the straights by other cars though. e.g. 5.38

[video=youtube;_KGxA9KY4Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KGxA9KY4Wc[/video]

Lots more vids popping up on youtube now.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a little leaf symbol on the dashboard that will grow into a plant if you drive sensibly enough for long enough.

Bored_Face_by_Krasus.jpg

Also maths fail:
The S costs £16,999, the Sport a grand more and the GT £1,000 more than the Sport at £19,999.

Also maths fail:

Yer I noticed that. It's actually +£2k from the Sport to the GT...

re the flower though;
To be honest, when you are stuck in traffic you aren't smoking your clutch at every opportunity and I even try to improve my mpg reading with smooth driving in traffic in the FN2.

Flower is just a graphical representation of the mpg figure. Yes it's Pony, but it fits in with the Hybrid ethos. It's also on the Insight and Civic Hybrid. :rolleyes:

Not that this makes it right!

just back off holiday where i bought a top gear mag ( carribean people must like it) and they do a mugen cr-z when its released to please read the article if you can find it!!!! has a proper engine in it and looks way different!!!

That's almost as cute as growing a flower on your dashboard.

Hey if the Mugen CR-Z comes with a flower, it's good enough for me! :lol:

Only going to go for nosey. More than likely I'll convince the wife she needs to P/X her FK2 for one so I can have a potter about at the weekends in it.

Back