• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Just an update on my earlier key issue, turns out the problem was just one of the small metal prongs that tips the side of the battery wasnt touching with it in place, nudge of a small screwdriver and problem solved!

Up next though I'm now out of warranty and not paying the stealer for an oil change thats due, but can anyone confirm is it just over 5ltrs the car takes so 6ltrs needed in total?

I don’t know if this has been discussed before, I couldn’t find anything on the forum, but on my way to work this morning, after about 15minutes of ordinary driving , the radio went quiet, not off, and the word “ALARM“ flashed across the screen for a split second. Google showed a few hits but it was all to do with the Rotherhythe tunnel for some reason! Anybody else had it happen?

Does anyone know what month and year the GPF/OPF/Gasoline Particulate Filter was fitted to the Type R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine's in for it's annual service tomorrow, sure the oil will be clean as it's only racked up 2800 miles since the last service with just under 18k miles on the clock. Also she'll be 3 years old in a little over a months time, so ready for it's first MOT. I assume these don't come chucked in with the 5 year servicing plan?

Mine's in for it's annual service tomorrow, sure the oil will be clean as it's only racked up 2800 miles since the last service with just under 18k miles on the clock. Also she'll be 3 years old in a little over a months time, so ready for it's first MOT. I assume these don't come chucked in with the 5 year servicing plan?

Wow! is it really that long since “by hook or by crook” ?

yes mate, not skipped a beat this one. sat here wondering about upgrades or keeping everything stock as these cars are certainly holding their value. seems you'll need around 26k to buy a similar age/mileage car these days.

yes mate, not skipped a beat this one. sat here wondering about upgrades or keeping everything stock as these cars are certainly holding their value. seems you'll need around 26k to buy a similar age/mileage car these days.

Yeah the used car market is pretty good at the moment, how long that remains will be interesting to see :)

I have today put a deposit or place on the list for the new Lotus Emira, thinking of keeping the FK8 as I really enjoy it all the more so in the wet, think they will complement each other nicely, mine is over 3 years old now too, 15k, WBAC at 24.5k at the moment.

I have today put a deposit or place on the list for the new Lotus Emira, thinking of keeping the FK8 as I really enjoy it all the more so in the wet, think they will complement each other nicely, mine is over 3 years old now too, 15k, WBAC at 24.5k at the moment.

ooh that's a very tempting idea re: the emira, did you do this via a dealer or factory direct?

I’ve been keeping my eye on the Emira. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when it’s revealed. Lotus seem to have really stepped up production quality for the new car. I was seriously tempted by the Elise 420 Final Edition but bottled it and ended up with another FK8 due to daily practicality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. I've kept my eye on Type R's on autotrader and did anyone spot the Boost Blue GT model at Brindley Honda Cannock? I went to have a look at it but was sold, speaking to the sales guy it went for 40k!!! Was one of the last ones.....

What's going on with the used market at the minute? Some of the folks over on Pistonheads have been getting some mad valuations for their cars off WBAC. I put my FK8 in to see what they would offer, mine is a 2019 model on 6500 miles and I paid £27,500 in November 2020. WBAC valued it at £29,625!

Yeah the market has gone mad. The demand is there. People must be sitting on money with covid and not being able to go anywhere. I really couldn't believe it when it had gone for £40k. If you've got a facelift FK8 especially a tidy profit is there to be had.

The market is nuts for all cars, a rising tide lifts all boats, etc. The FK8 has always had excellent resale so I expect prices for it to be strong. The factory must be close to finished making Type R's so supply is limited and that's without Covid disruption and chip shortages.

What's going on with the used market at the minute? Some of the folks over on Pistonheads have been getting some mad valuations for their cars off WBAC. I put my FK8 in to see what they would offer, mine is a 2019 model on 6500 miles and I paid £27,500 in November 2020. WBAC valued it at £29,625!

Sell sell

The market is nuts for all cars, a rising tide lifts all boats, etc. The FK8 has always had excellent resale so I expect prices for it to be strong. The factory must be close to finished making Type R's so supply is limited and that's without Covid disruption and chip shortages.
I was looking about and there are new FK8s but only Sportline models. Lack of new cars because of chip shortage is pushing prices up apparently. I *think* the factory has stopped production now as 11th gen Civic is being produced in States.

Back