• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

So recently re-joined the club and would like some stickers. Do I get em through the Shop bit on the website or through paypal'ing someone on here?

Thanks

Hey mook, just wandering how much for a set of stickers for the back passenger windows each side for an ep3, i bought some an age ago and looking for another set :rolleyes:

Hi Monk, sorry for the stupid question but I’ve just ordered some more stickers as I cocked up the last lot. Do you remove the the clear side or the white backing before sticking them on the the window, as I removed the white backing and stuck them to the window with the clear side, I then tried to remove the clear plastic only for the writing to come off as well.

Hiya,

I've had it from some other customers too, and there is one underlying reason - the cold. The adhesive doesn't grip well in the cold, especially on glass. This latest cold snap, following the beast from the east, has caused some problems. What you need to do is ensure the area onto which you're fitting the graphic is reasonably warm at the time you fit it, I'd say at least getting on for 15 degrees. This can be achieved by using a big sponge and hot water beforehand (though it would need drying off) or a hair dryer/heat gun on low setting. The graphic should also not be too cold so leave them in the house until that last minute. That combination should then allow the adhesive a bit of a chance to take before it cools off and should get round the problem :)

Also note, if your windows are frozen over don't go over the graphic with an ice scraper, you may well scrape the vinyl off. The cold also makes the vinyl hard and brittle, so as long as you leave it be, it'll be fine, but it could chip or flake a bit if you catch it with a scraper.

Hi Monk, the car is clean in a garage and warmish as it was running. Also the stickers themselves have been in a cupboard in the kitchen also left them for about 5mins before trying to take the clear plastic off of the window. So was a little confused and wanted to make sure I had done everything right. Never mind I will try again when the 2nd lot arrive in the post

Hmmm, should have been okay at that. Ideally though the clear application tape wants to come off straight away, the longer it remains, the more it breaks down and can be trickier to remove. For whatever reason it tends to be harder getting a good adhesion on glass than paintwork, so just needs a little extra delicacy taken when applying. It's easier to break the seal between the vinyl and application tape if you fold the application tape back onto itself and slowly ease it off, in a small way that stretches the application tape and helps it come away

Paid for another set, my jet wash ruined the previous lol. If you have any internal ones it would be great mate.

Sorted, getting a few out in the post today :smt023

Received mine today, thanks mate.

They are the internal fitment ones as requested which is great, the only thing is though the R is also silver, like the rest of the text instead of being Red. Is this a mistake or are your internal ones only 1 colour?

Thank you

Back