• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New member and soon to be R owner

Morning forum,

I have lurked for several months now absorbing a lot of great info while thinking about a Type R. Realising I need a CTR in my life we will soon be buying an FK8 after going through the FK2 vs FK8 debate like many on here. Just looking at new vs used at the moment. As a relative newcomer to the UK from Oz this will be the first time we have borrowed money for a car loan and I am finding it confusing. Well, the way credit ratings work anyhow. Seems I have used too many comparison sites and temporarily buggered up my credit rating!

I have tried searching but does anyone know when the MY19 will be available, and what the changes will be?

Cheers,
Simon

Morning forum,

I have lurked for several months now absorbing a lot of great info while thinking about a Type R. Realising I need a CTR in my life we will soon be buying an FK8 after going through the FK2 vs FK8 debate like many on here. Just looking at new vs used at the moment. As a relative newcomer to the UK from Oz this will be the first time we have borrowed money for a car loan and I am finding it confusing. Well, the way credit ratings work anyhow. Seems I have used too many comparison sites and temporarily buggered up my credit rating!

I have tried searching but does anyone know when the MY19 will be available, and what the changes will be?

Cheers,
Simon

The 2019 update model is already on sale in the US. Equipment levels may vary, but as far as I can see there are no external changes and internal changes are limited to real buttons for volume control and fan settings, larger cup holders, revised steering wheel buttons and a light indicator for the electronic hand brake.

https://www.motor1.com/news/274363/2019-honda-civic-type-r/

I would guess UK updates will follow soon - probably best to ask a dealer when the order book is open. Brokers such as drivethedeal.com already indicate "new model" for type R orders and you can get a discount even if dealers say otherwise.

Thanks guys :D Drivethedeal are offering about £2700 off. Waiting for our local dealer to come back to me with their offer but if I can find a deal I am happy with will be looking to place an order within weeks, hence why I am keen to get the updated model since it must be close. The changes are trivial but still worth an extra few weeks of waiting if thats all it is.

I would hold out, there has to be a reason why they put a camouflaged facelift back out on the track

Hi everybody

@Mondie

I am roughly in the same position as you. I've been following this since before launch. But I was put off by the transmission issues that seemed bit too frequent(see civicx 2nd gear grind thread).
For the 2019 model rumor goes(see last pages of same thread) that gearbox parts of previous year were discontinued(countershafts if I remember). Hence perhaps there was a revision to address the gearbox problem. I'll wait and see if issues still occur during the 2019 year. Thing is that I have a pretty ok-ish car (4series Bimmer) that was quite faithful to me so far. I'd hate trading it for something giving me headaches.

As @dweezle says could be that other changes were made to cooling and other minor things. In general facelifts are improved revisions.

OP are you buying the car outright or getting a loan for a deposit and doing the old montlies out of interest?

I am intrigued by the camo cars, must have been too soon for 2019 so maybe 2020 which makes sense as this would align with the usual facelift cycle.

Renault meg trophy reviews are out and we are still top of the pile so maybe Honda won't rush to hard with any 'special edition'....there is no competition left for now in our price bracket.

I will probably go a PCH or loan as the resale is so strong. You could be right that it's too early for the camo cars.

Will push on the dealer and see what they know, but usually, they know less than the net!

The US is a far bigger FK8 market for Honda, so I can't see the UK getting anything other than the recent minor November update recently announced there. Maybe a mid life facelift in 2020 as mentioned.

Resale/residuals are still pretty strong - pleasantly surprised by a part ex offer on my sept 2017 car.

The US is a far bigger FK8 market for Honda, so I can't see the UK getting anything other than the recent minor November update recently announced there. Maybe a mid life facelift in 2020 as mentioned.

Resale/residuals are still pretty strong - pleasantly surprised by a part ex offer on my sept 2017 car.

You getting something else then Mark?

You getting something else then Mark?

Reluctantly yes - BMW M140i with LSD fitted.

I say reluctantly because I do like the FK8 a lot, but it's just too big for where I live (narrow drive built for horse drawn coaches many a year ago!). If it was more Golf or 1 series long and wide I wouldn't be selling. I thought about the Megane, but it's as wide as the FK8 albeit shorter.

I'll still be lurking on here as a long time Honda fan and previous EP3 and S2000 owner :)

FWD to RWD, Wacky races to Plain Jane looks :)

Yep, very different, but previously had an M240i so kind of know what to expect. Just need a Billy B12 or B16 kit and all sorted.

FWD to RWD, Wacky races to Plain Jane looks :)

Yep, very different, but previously had an M240i so kind of know what to expect. Just need a Billy B12 or B16 kit and all sorted.

The noise those engines make is glorious! Enjoy the purchase mate.

- A very jealous EP3 owner :D

We agreed a pretty good deal on a demo FK8 this week in our preferred colour Polished Metal. We should collect it in about ten days time. Looks like you are now stuck with me lurking :D

Back