• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

How are you getting on with the new clutch? Mines booked in for next Thursday, can't wait.
It's great. The old one was so heavy and now everything is nice and light and smooth. Well worth getting it done.

The difference is night and day.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

That's music to my ears :D
When I'm accelerating harder than normal shifting is a bit hit and miss in second and third, fine when driving normally. I put it down to the clutch

Got a few more parts to fit.

As mentioned in another post I wasn't sure when the spark plugs had been changed last so thought I would replace those.

I am going back to Red R Performance in Northampton in June to get my engine mount inserts put in, plus I have got a Meyle auxiliary belt to replace the current one which is starting to split. And lastly got some Pagid rear discs and Brembo pads to go on.

Please be aware that those inserts will make the cabin rattles even worse. Be prepared to start inserting foam to places where it rattles like the steering wheel airbag attachment. Some people are fine with cabin rattles.... i personally hate them!

Please be aware that those inserts will make the cabin rattles even worse. Be prepared to start inserting foam to places where it rattles like the steering wheel airbag attachment. Some people are fine with cabin rattles.... i personally hate them!
Cheers mate, it is something I'm aware of but one of the mounts has split so as a slightly cheaper and easier option I'm going to try the inserts rather then replace the actual mounts.

I'm not that fussed about rattles but depends how bad they are I guess. I will see how I go with them.

Cheers mate, it is something I'm aware of but one of the mounts has split so as a slightly cheaper and easier option I'm going to try the inserts rather then replace the actual mounts.

I'm not that fussed about rattles but depends how bad they are I guess. I will see how I go with them.

Dude dont do it..... replace the mount with a new one and put the inserts in that. The inserts will not do a proper job if you put them in a split mount i promise you. I assume its the front one that has gone which is pretty common. Mine went not long ago and after having a good look around it was advised to replace this as well as use the inserts.

For the extra 40 quid its worth it - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-HOND...NGINE-MOUNT-/332647573191?hash=item4d735726c7

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude dont do it..... replace the mount with a new one and put the inserts in that. The inserts will not do a proper job if you put them in a split mount i promise you. I assume its the front one that has gone which is pretty common. Mine went not long ago and after having a good look around it was advised to replace this as well as use the inserts.

For the extra 40 quid its worth it - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-HOND...NGINE-MOUNT-/332647573191?hash=item4d735726c7
Some people are girls when it comes to noise and rattles. See above.

They do make a fair difference and you get used to it quickly. Then when you get back into a normal one you realise quite how bad it is. But it doesn't bother me in the slightest so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

They do make a fair difference and you get used to it quickly. Then when you get back into a normal one you realise quite how bad it is. But it doesn't bother me in the slightest so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Haha Norv.

I'm not too worried about noise cos racecar/daily driver

My only reservation really is if my mount is split am I cutting corners by just getting the inserts or should I really be sorting the problem ie the split mount?

Another vote for fit both here. No point masking a problem. Cheaper way is new mount and fill with tiger seal. No experience of this though mate.

Another vote for fit both here. No point masking a problem. Cheaper way is new mount and fill with tiger seal. No experience of this though mate.

Reason I asked is I have been advised that the mount doesn't strictly need to be replaced as the inserts fill the gap where the split is anyway?

I can certainly see where you are coming from though and don't want to be a cheapskate about it.

Not 100% sure what to do for the best.

Consider how long the previous OEM mount lasted. Just replace it with another one of those and it'll be the life of the vehicle at least :)

Lol I wondered when you would pipe up. Yes we all know you don't care about rattles cus well.... You have random holes drilled in your interior ;).

In regards to the insert. You should replace it and use the inserts, you will still get excessive movement with just the incerts in a split engine mount in my opinion. Do it right once and you won't have to think about it again. You already have the inserts so you may as well use them instead of putting tiger silicone in it.

Have inserts in my EP3. Half the interior has been hacked to fit a half roll cage. Zero rattles. No wedging of foam anywhere either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. I've decided to not be a tight ******* so I'm going to get the split insert replaced with a genuine Honda replacement.

I'm also going to get the inserts done as well. I will see how it goes with the rattles. Hopefully I can live with them, besides I have a badly fitted Tegiwa intake so I'm used to rattles

You have to admit that having inserts that make things firmer can cause more vibration right?

Yea a little more vibration. If you have K100/KPRO raising the idle to 1000rpm helps with the idle vibrations.
The standard front and rear mounts are pathetic. Far to much movement. Sacrifice a little vibration to cure the excessive engine movement seems logical to me. Engine inserts are a must and minimum requirement if you’re planning on driving hard and/or on track.

Honda engine mount ordered this morning. Feel happier now I am getting the job done properly. It wouldn't have felt right leaving the mount and just doing the inserts.

Yea a little more vibration. If you have K100/KPRO raising the idle to 1000rpm helps with the idle vibrations.
The standard front and rear mounts are pathetic. Far to much movement. Sacrifice a little vibration to cure the excessive engine movement seems logical to me. Engine inserts are a must and minimum requirement if you’re planning on driving hard and/or on track.

Yea ive dont the front one but im a bit scared of doing the back one on my drive way lol. I dont like dropping out the subframe.....

Yea ive dont the front one but im a bit scared of doing the back one on my drive way lol. I dont like dropping out the subframe.....

A cheaper method is to buy a new fire-ring and drop the cat, then you don't need to drop the subframe at all. That's how I installed mine when I had the innovative mounts. The only reason the cat has to move is so you can pull the bolt that runs through the mount.

Back