• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

A cheaper method is to buy a new fire-ring and drop the cat, then you don't need to drop the subframe at all. That's how I installed mine when I had the innovative mounts. The only reason the cat has to move is so you can pull the bolt that runs through the mount.

I have the inserts collecting dust in the shed so I'll prob just relent and do it on the weekend lol. I just need to make sure the engine is held in place and I should be all good lol. I need to get a better socket set mind.... I broke both my 19mm ones this weekend on the breaker bar getting the caliper brackets off the Qashqai.... Oppps. They were prob made of Chineseium :D

Washed the car this morning ready for my trip to Red R Performance tomorrow.

Getting my new Pagid rear discs and Brembo pads replaced, auxiliary belt (Meyle) is being replaced and front engine mount to be replaced and Energy Suspension inserts added.

Also finally stripped my replacement rocker cover. I have only had time to do it in stages and after the Nitromors didn't touch it I got some Wilko's own brand paint stripper and that actually worked fairly well. Thanks to Hazz for the suggestion.

This is what it look like now. A few bits of paint left but I can't be arsed getting any more off. Got some wrinkle red paint so will eventually get round to finishing this.

Got back from Red R Performance.

Nice new shiny rear discs and pads done and split front engine mount replaced.

Didn't end up getting the inserts done as stupidly I didn't check the box and there were 3 bits for the rear mount and only 1 for the front.

Probably won't bother with them now as the mount has been replaced anyway.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Got back from Red R Performance.

Nice new shiny rear discs and pads done and split front engine mount replaced.

Didn't end up getting the inserts done as stupidly I didn't check the box and there were 3 bits for the rear mount and only 1 for the front.

Probably won't bother with them now as the mount has been replaced anyway.

Oh thats a shame about the inserts. Never mind, the oem ones are still good enough to hold that engine in place.

Oh thats a shame about the inserts. Never mind, the oem ones are still good enough to hold that engine in place.
I'm glad I got the engine mount in the end. Not the end of the world with regards to the inserts.

Also got a meyle auxiliary belt off ebay which couldn't be fitted. It didn't fit even though the supplier said it was for the ep3 and surprise surprise isn't willing to give a refund as it's outside their 30 day return policy.

Luckily the garage had one that he could fit for me.

Non air con belt?
I double checked that. I ordered the right one according to the description but the garage said it was about 1cm too short.

I've contacted the seller to ask why he isn't wiling to refund given that they haven't supplied the correct length belt.

Will see what happens.

What's the Meyle product code? According to their catalogue the belt codes are:

Driven unit: alternator, for vehicles without air conditioning
Length 1275 mm, Number of Ribs 7
Utility no.: MRB0591

Driven unit: alternator, for vehicles with air conditioning
Length 1642 mm, Number of Ribs 7
Utility no.: MRB0608

Not that I'd trust that mind, Meyle seem to think the EP3 is a mk6!

I assume you used Paypal, the dispute time limit is now 180 days so if it isn't correct and they won't play ball then suggest you go down that route.

What's the Meyle product code? According to their catalogue the belt codes are:

Driven unit: alternator, for vehicles without air conditioning
Length 1275 mm, Number of Ribs 7
Utility no.: MRB0591

Driven unit: alternator, for vehicles with air conditioning
Length 1642 mm, Number of Ribs 7
Utility no.: MRB0608

Not that I'd trust that mind, Meyle seem to think the EP3 is a mk6!

I assume you used Paypal, the dispute time limit is now 180 days so if it isn't correct and they won't play ball then suggest you go down that route.

Thanks for that info SmegHead. I have contacted the supplier again with this information as they have clearly sent the wrong one. If I don't get a satisfactory response I will open a dispute with PayPal.

Cheers.

Update: I have had a reply regarding the belt. Unsurprisingly the seller is quoting the ebay 30 day return policy and is unwilling to refund me only swap which is pointless as I had to get the belt fitted already.

I can understand the policy if I changed my mind however if something has been mis sold and unused I can't see why I can't be entitled to a refund. Anyway I have opened a dispute via PayPal as suggested.

Just got to wait for Tegiwa to get back to me via ebay now as they supplied me with a wrongly packaged set of energy inserts (also out of the 30 day guarantee period!)

I hate ebay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mine done at Grinspeed recently, old belt looked tired and was probably the original so I put a new one in for piece of mind / preventive maintenance. Also gives that extra 5% of aesthetics to the engine bay with a newie. I'm having myself an 'SK-R' phase currently treating rust while the weather is good and undersealing. I feel like a part of my life is missing without build thread updates :p

Here's me doing mine, the spanner shot off the adjuster pulley once but otherwise OK to do. Good to get a second pair of hands to slide the belt on

Attachments

• DSC_0708-2393x1350.JPG
    DSC_0708-2393x1350.JPG
    559.3 KB · Views: 31
You guys are too good. I need to make time to do more of this work myself.

I've spent quite a bit on parts and labour lately and could have saved myself a few quid if I wasn't so lazy.

I had mine done at Grinspeed recently, old belt looked tired and was probably the original so I put a new one in for piece of mind / preventive maintenance. Also gives that extra 5% of aesthetics to the engine bay with a newie. I'm having myself an 'SK-R' phase currently treating rust while the weather is good and undersealing. I feel like a part of my life is missing without build thread updates :p
Are you undersealing the whole car? What products are you using? Also are you tackling this on your own drive?

Hahah, yes them moments. Speaking of undersealing, mine is getting started tomorrow! Can't wait!!! *sarcasm*

Thanks for that info SmegHead. I have contacted the supplier again with this information as they have clearly sent the wrong one. If I don't get a satisfactory response I will open a dispute with PayPal.

Cheers.

Update: I have had a reply regarding the belt. Unsurprisingly the seller is quoting the ebay 30 day return policy and is unwilling to refund me only swap which is pointless as I had to get the belt fitted already.

Just got to wait for Tegiwa to get back to me via ebay now as they supplied me with a wrongly packaged set of energy inserts (also out of the 30 day guarantee period!)

I hate ebay!

Update.

PayPal ruled in my favour regarding the dispute with the wrong size auxiliary belt, now received a refund.

On the other hand Tegiwa were great with their customer service. Agreed to refund the inserts in no time at all, so posted those back today.

As we all know the rocker covers on our EP3's start to peel and look jaded over time so I decided to buy a second hand rocker cover to refurbish myself using a can of VHT wrinkle red paint.

Managed to purchase one from another member on here for a decent price. This is what it looked like when I got it:

After trying Nitromors paint stripper and failing (the product seems so weak these days), thanks to some advice from another forum member I got some of the cheap Wilkinson's paint stripper to try. It worked much better and after a while I managed to get the rocker cover to look like this (a few spots of paint here and there but I was happy with it none the less):

I cleansed the cover using a 50:50 mix of water and IPA before masking up the delicate areas:

After doing 3 coats of paint, 1 horizontal, 1 vertical and 1 diagonal it looked like this:

It has now been drying/curing in the sun for the last 2 hours. I have only tickled it with a heat gun, but to be honest the sun seems to have created a nice uniform slight wrinkle affect. I think it is looking rather good if and I don't want to run the risk of ruining my hard work by overdoing it. Once it is fully cured in about 48 hours I will gently sand of the paint off where it says HONDA.

I am very pleased with how it's turned out and once I get round to fitting it to my car I will get some photo's up:

Thanks for looking.

Back