• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 No more new FK8's

My Dealer called me today wanting to buy my car back!
I told him the only way I would sell is if he gave me a good deal on a new one.
He went on to say there are no new ones - anywhere. Which is why he wanted mine.

I couldn’t believe how much the wbac quotes have gone up again.
when I checked mine back in December the offer was 25.5k.
I checked again last week, £30,630!
I'm still not selling it though. Anyone know how many there are on UK roads?
I know there’s that “how many left” site but they’ve listed so many similar models it’s difficult to make sense of the data

Random question, if you found a car, second hand, circa 2500 miles on the clock, then you realise it has had 2 owners, would I be correct in being suspicious?

Im struggling to think of any legit reasons why a car with 2500 miles on the clock would have 2 owners, unless 1 owner was a garage and this is ex demo, but still don’t understand why you would buy it then sell it back so quick?

Maybe ex demo or pre registered + 1 private keeper. We live in a society where people often stretch what they can afford, maybe lost their job and had to sell quickly, or frequent car changers are quite common.

Mine was one previous owner when I bought it from the dealer, who was the previous owner, and it had 10 miles on the clock. Dealerships have a variety of reasons for registering cars and I don’t think there’s, usually, a reason to be suspicious.

Back