• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NO START, NO COMMUNICATION, strong spark, fuel primes and engine cranks.. WONT START

HELLO , CAN ANYONE HELP ME , I HAVE RECENTLY REPLACED THE ENGINE IN MY EP3. I HAVE A SPARK AND FUEL PRIMES. CHECKED FUEL IS GETTING TO THE PLUGS. BUT WONT START. ENGINE CRANKS OVER. IMMOBILISER HAS BEEN DISABLED.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHY IT WONT START ?? THANKS

You have spark and fuel, but have you got any air coming through? If the IACV is not operating/stuck closed then you won't start that engine.

You could check compression too. Sincerely hope its not that if you've gone to the trouble of replacement but if you're running out of ideas its definitely something to check. Always good to know for engine health purposes anyway.

Recheck all vacuum hoses are hooked up correctly as I've seen on other vehicles that just one of these incorrectly installed can stop an engine from firing

You have spark and fuel, but have you got any air coming through? If the IACV is not operating/stuck closed then you won't start that engine.

Hello, I haven’t been able to check whether it was stuck or not. I’ve sent it in to a work shop to see if they can get it running , ** pass the message on. Thanks

You could check compression too. Sincerely hope its not that if you've gone to the trouble of replacement but if you're running out of ideas its definitely something to check. Always good to know for engine health purposes anyway.

Recheck all vacuum hoses are hooked up correctly as I've seen on other vehicles that just one of these incorrectly installed can stop an engine from firing

Hello, I have checked compression and all 4 cylinders hold pressure. 3 cylinders show 170 and 1 shows 155. I have been told off a few people that because the engine hasn’t been started in a long time these readings might be off(something to do with oil pressure or something. I have sent it to a garage for them to try get it started. ** keep you updated. Thanks

Back