• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Not many brand new FK8s left apparently - just ordered mine

Just placed my order for a Champ White FK8 GT, was told there are only six more being made (5 now! Although one dealer told me there were 4 left, so who knows). That's six more Champ White GTs, not six more FK8s in total of course. None in the dealer network, so if you want a brand new one you'll be waiting until June like me (unless they get made faster). I didn't ask about other colours, if you want a Sport Line (why!?) there are some around in stock at dealers.

Unsurprisingly there wasn't any movement on price from any dealer I spoke to, but I did get the mats, service plan and Supaguard stuff thrown in for free. One also told me that CTRs don't contribute to their dealer sales targets either, which seems a bit harsh.

So if you're thinking about buying an FK8, probably better to get a deposit down sooner rather than later!

Seems to be a few facelift cars in stock at dealers on AT so not sure why they said none in the network.

Grey with £1,375 off
Black with £1,370 off
Black with £1,200 off
Red with £470 off
Blue with no discount

Guessing with a June delivery it'll be one of the last cars off the line at Swindon?

Well, no white ones in stock is what they meant I imagine. I wonder if those in stock will have to be registered by a particular date?

Probably will be one of the last off the line, yeah. :(

I ordered mine on 31st December, polished metal. I wanted one with a 2021 plate as for me it will be a bit more special as it will be final reg. CTR made in the UK. Was given a date of 30th April. They called last month to advise it will be May now. I don't really mind when it comes as wont be using it in the rain or while there is salt on the road. Just hope it gets made before the end of July!

After an 11 year no CTR ownership (kids), I am looking to get a new CTR, phoned the local dealership to enquire on lead times now Swindon is closed and they said could be 2 weeks, could be 5 months, depending on what spec + colour you want.

They said CTR's are produced in batches, if the spec + colour you want is next, it will be weeks, if they have just finished the batch you need and they are all sold, it will be 4-5 months, not sure how much truth there is in that???

Factory closes July so there can't be many batches left. There's a video on YT of an American guy watching his black FK8 get made at the factory and they are made in batches. The production line switches between the different Civic models and colours etc.

Mine, CW, took eight days from deposit to driving. My mate ordered his, red, a week earlier and his took six weeks.

Had a call yesterday to say the expected date is now 20th July. Apparently Honda like to under-promise and over-deliver, so could feasibly be anything from May-July. Possibly one of the last built if it's July!

I will give my dealership a call on Friday to see what they say. If mines July a bit worried it won't end up happening.

Sad they are not being built here anymore. Was talking to someone who worked at Honda Swindon who mentioned that it was sadly a tax haven plant (working at a loss) and time had come to shut shop.

Staff did receive generous redundancy packages.

Glad to have an FK8 that was built here.
c4658da2255904626ea7c00ab1fb60f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have just purchased one of the last 10 Rallye Red to come out of Swindon. There are a few kicking around at dealers but if you want a new one this was all thats left last Wednesday when I purchased mine.

Screenshot 2021-03-24 151049 (2).png

Back