• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Oil still looking black after service..

Took it in for it's 1st service at Honda this morning.

They apparently did the oil and filter and a health check so when I got home I checked the oil level for peace of mind and noticed it still looks as dirty as it did yesterday..

I'm pretty sure that it was golden for the 1st few months when I got it??

:confused:

It's usually really hard to see it on the orange dipstick.

Take it back if you aren't happy.

It should be?

Sounds like they either didn't drain it long enough or it got forgotten.

Tell them your concerned. I'm sure they'll help.

A while back I checked my oil a week or so after having an oil change and it looked brand new. So going by my experience if you can't see a noticeable difference before and after a service then the oil hasn't been changed. If you take it back in the next few days I would say it is fairly easy to tell if the oil is one week or one year old. If you think you are being conned, probably worth getting some photos of oil colour.

My Mrs has a 2016 fk2 sport, and was serviced by Honda six weeks ago. On the orange dipstick I still struggle to read the oil level because it's so clear. I would definitely take it back asap. It doesn't sound like they've changed the oil to me?

It looks a bit of a mix with old and new.. but when i got it i swear i struggled to see the level on the dipstick for at least 6 months or so.

Do i just argue it out as there isn't
really any way i can prove it hasn't been changed is there?

Also i whipped the panel off underneath and ran my finger around the sump plug and there was a little bit on my glove which makes me think it could have had been done?

Does your service docket actually say they put on a new filter? That the picture there looks like it's got a mix of very dirty and very clean so I'd guess not all the oil was removed (e.g. filter wasn't changed).

Baring in mind this was the first oil change so all the contaminants from manufacture will have make the mega dirty I guess even the contents of the filter left in would contaminate a fresh 5L. You need to take it back and see what they say, it's clearly not right.

Yeah it's ticked on the sheet at the top of the report.. :(

I didn't want this to be the case as I am not going to be able to trust them with it ever again.

This is the 1st new car I have owned and always done all my own work on my cars.. the only job I have ever paid a company to do was the shims on my M3 and that's because I was working away so didn't have time, so I wasn't to happy about taking it there in the 1st place as I knew in the back of my mind something like this would happen :mad:

Which dealer is it? It could well be an honest mistake - you can't know until you've gone back. Some of them are known to be better than others, maybe there's another one not too far away from you.

If they did do the filter then maybe the drain wasn't thorough enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really think I can say buddy until I speak to them tomorrow.

The only thing I can think of saying to them is to do another oil change with me watching and if it is still black then I'll pay again... but if it's golden then I want a refund. Seems fair to me ;)

Just ask them straight? Explain your concerns. You are the customer.

Funnily enough there is a Honda service centre in the town I live in but it is a Hyundai garage.. it used to be a Honda dealer but I was told by the dealer that I got it from that I should use them because the one in my town may not have technicians that are familiar with this car.. :p

I also didn't want them taking turns having a go of it because there I can guarantee this would be the 1st one of these cars they have had in there.. looks like I'll have to use them from now on

With a car under warranty I'd be using Honda only. Speak to the service manager about your concerns.

Yeah i want to use Honda really to save any headaches if any problems occured.

I have spoke to them this morning and to be fair they were very helpful and told me to bring it back and they will decide wether it needs draining again.

The lady i spoke to said it could be faulty oil :picardfp:

Will see what happens Saturday

Back