• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Opinions please TOYO PROXES T1-R or YOKO PARADAS

Pirelli PZero Nero's are £86 odd a corner through camskill (DC5 fitment) they are very good Tony.

Pirelli PZero Nero's are £86 odd a corner through camskill (DC5 fitment) they are very good Tony.

Thanks pal. Fortunately I've got a fair bit of meat left on mine ATM so I should need new rubber for a bit. Especially as I'm planning to stop commuting in the Teg and use it as a weekend only car.

Fair do's definitely one to consider though, I was sceptical at first but they have proven to be very good.

Like previously mentioned I suppose it down to personal choice when choosing new tyres. Its then down to the individual to reach there own conclusion in choosing the tyres that best fits there criteria, within the budget they have to spend. ie - budget, driving style, wet peformance, dry performance etc
I'm sure the majority can't afford to buy a full new set of tyres very often and its a cr*p feeling when you come away being dissapointed with any new purchase, never mind it being the hard earned cash you've spent on your tyres. Hence the tedious topic of 'What tyre is best' will always come up time and time again I suppose.

Its great on here to have the guidence of getting the best tyre for your buck

IMO of course:)

Did anyone have any experience or feedback with the Avon zz3?

The best road tyre for the CTR at the moment is the continental sportcontact3, without exception...and they are only around 100 ish per corner as well which is a bargain as they used to be 130. I have tried every tyre ever made to come to this conclusion, which makes me right.

The best road tyre for the CTR at the moment is the continental sportcontact3, without exception...and they are only around 100 ish per corner as well which is a bargain as they used to be 130. I have tried every tyre ever made to come to this conclusion, which makes me right.

I was looking at getting these for the summer

Not in a decent range of sizes though, it's only the OEM scoob size that are available IIRC? 225/45/17?

Yep, but they will fit a 7.5j wheel on an ep3 as long as it's not too slammed yo..they will also fit a dc5 no probs. LeeH has them on his. The steel banded sidewall makes up for the size, apparently a very very good tyre indeed.

between the toyo and paradas i would go with the yokos. fractionally better than the toyo in my experience and in this case cheaper.

Yep, but they will fit a 7.5j wheel on an ep3 as long as it's not too slammed yo..they will also fit a dc5 no probs. LeeH has them on his. The steel banded sidewall makes up for the size, apparently a very very good tyre indeed.

I don't doubt they're superb, just annoying that they only come in one size :lol:

i havent got a good word to say about the toyo T1r or the yoko ps2 i think there both a poor tyre. have you considered the toyo R1R i find there a great tyre for wet and dry. solid side wall yet the compound is soft and grippy for you A-B road blasts.

Back