• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

opinions please

Any reason why i shouldnt? The link to the other thread seems to be a thumbs up. It literally is just a Pipe with a filter on the end surely?

it will suffer from heatsoak and make your car slower, save your money until you can get somthing better. if your after improving you intake side try the air box mod with a 90mm cold air feed.

it will suffer from heatsoak and make your car slower, save your money until you can get somthing better. if your after improving you intake side try the air box mod with a 90mm cold air feed.

Take it you mean that the intake will suck hot air from the engine by saying 'heatsoak'. I doubt this will have much of an affect as this filter sits quite far back. I dont doubt for a second that the air is not as cool and that cool air carrys more oxygen but again im not so sure it will make a massive difference to performance.

Are you also saying that the K&N filter would suffer from the same issue as it is basically the same design?

Any short ram induction set-up having an open filter in the engine bay will suffer from heat soak and for £29.99 you can imagine the quality of the parts that would be supplied.

Better off saving your money and keep a look out for a Gruppe M (Tegiwa copy if you have trouble finding an M) or an AEM/Injen CAI although these come with their own risks of hydrolock if you decide to hammer it through deep puddles.

Hope this helps...

Don't buy it mate, cheap and nasty. As said before, save up and buy a decent kit! Short ram are rubbish, long ram (cai) is much much better. Gruppe is ace but it's a pretty penny.
Performance wise between the cai and gruppe there isn't much proven difference, perhaps 1-2bhp. For the price difference i don't think it's justified. The gruppe has the whole jdm 'yo' going on which is why it has such a high price tag. Don't get me wrong its a very good kit. Cai has the danger of hydrolock but I've had one on for 4 years with no bother.
hope this helps

Thanks all for your pointers and help. I may look to run a flexible pipe from the front grill and mod this injector so that the air that is being used is from the front rather than from within the engine bay. In regards to quality of parts, its just a pipe and the cone filters are pretty standard.

There's one thing I do know for sure, I most certainly will not be buying the Gruppy M as it is quite frankly hugely over priced for what it is :p

Thing with the gruppe m, your very unlikely to lose any money with it so you could have and run it for a year and sell it and be no worse off, you may even make some money.

The tegiwa and gruppe are alot of money but worth it if your looking for gains in power and noise.

The standard airbox takes air from the front grill and has a big box to protect it from heat soak. If you do the hondata mod (which is free) your see better gains then what that cheap thing will provide.

I think im gonna get this for the sound and looks and then mod it so that it takes air from the front grill :)

Standard ask for opinions then ignore them thread.

Hey thats a little unfair. I asked for opinions, i never asked you to make a decision for me. I think everything everyone has said is fine and holds some weight but i would still like a little play around and can always do the airbox mod if it goes tits up. If i bin it, i bin it. No harm done.

Thanks again guys

Back