• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Panel Dent :(

HI Guys, i went to my car this morning only to find a very noticeable dent in the side panel of my civic. Its the panel after the drivers door as you move towards the back of the car.

Its around an inch in circumference and looks like a depression hit. There are not marks or scratches at all but it is very noticeable as its in my eye line every time i go for the car door handle. Im absolutely mortified by this guys, do you have any advice on how i can get it out?

Thanks

Have you tried the hairdryer/compressed air thing?

Not 100% sure if it works but there are loads of youtube video's about it.

That's a cool trick! My neighbour's civic was dented the day he bought it, I'll tell him about this tomorrow, and report back if it works or not.

Will this not ruin the paint work as the civic paint is water based......?

Can't see how it would? All car paint is water based nowadays.

It's not as if you're putting a naked flame onto it. Just a bit of heat then cold.

if its in the middle of 3/4 it's easy to get it tapped out from behind. if it's a nice big round one you can take interior off and do youself. or pay a local dent bloke £50 to do a better job. your call.

Back