• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

playing music from samsung galaxy s7 in 2009 fn2 type r

hi

my mrs would like to play music from her s7 in her 2009 type r, it has the aux/usb in the centre console. how do we do it?

If you don't have the Honda compatible USB cable you will have a problem - it is not the standard size socket in the centre box. Decent cheap versions available on ebay @ £5 or so, Honda £50 or something equally daft.
Might sound extreme but - unless anyone knows better - then fit a Parrot kit and use the Bluetooth functionality.

Right this is what she said......

There is a little cable that came with the car that she connects to her phone via a lead of hers, it charges her phone but says no data on the stereo. She has a aux cable which doesn't work either.

right ive just been out with my phone (Samsung galaxy s8 edge+) and the aux cable works with the music on mine but you cannot skip the tracks via the dash controls.

she is a moron as it turns out she had no music on her phone lol, we just downloaded Spotify and stuck a song on there on her phone and it still wasn't working-all we got was a pulsing sound from the cabin speakers.

she gets her new phone (galaxy s9) on Tuesday so will see what happens then.

regarding the parrot kit, which is a good one to go for and exactly how does it play the music through the car and can you skip tracks etc?

cheers

I would go for the 9200, my son has one and it streams nicely from his phone, there is a little gizmo that you have to mount which controls everything and you can do handsfree phone so avoiding the wrath of the Plod. It works via bluetooth so just pair the phone and away you go (hopefully). Unless you are an auto electrician it will cost around £100 to fit since there is a box of tricks to go behind the dash.
The Honda stereo was designed before all the fancy new phones came out so is really for old style playback using a USB stick which works perfectly with the dash/steering wheel buttons.

Thought it was I just done the exact same you done any mods to the type r yet

No mate apart from some heko wind deflectors. Future plans are wheels powder coated, window tints and calipers painted red. The Impreza is the modding car in this house hold :)

How did you know I was on scabbynet?

Nice , I saw your thread on there and thought I recognised your picture lol iv still got my scooby now I got 2 toys to play with

It’s a 03 Jdm sti

nice, I looked at the idm cars but I simply couldn't live without the burble.

what power you running? mine has a forged 2.5 with front mount/de-cat/hubrid vf43 etc 350bhp @ 1.45 bar. I will be taking it to 400 after summer time :)

Yer I do miss the burble but it still sounds good at8k revs , mine about 330 ish map , cat back pump etc , I saw your car is it blue hawk it looked mega clean what turbo do need for 400 I was looking at lm420 or 450

Yer I do miss the burble but it still sounds good at8k revs , mine about 330 ish map , cat back pump etc , I saw your car is it blue hawk it looked mega clean what turbo do need for 400 I was looking at lm420 or 450

Yeah that's it mate,I've just had a full panit correction on it so it's mega mega clean. As for turbo I will let Simon @ chevron motorsport sort it as he has a lot to do with Owen developments turbos,with mine being a 2.5 I'm looking for alot of torque, I'm already at 375ftlbs so will probably end up with around 450ftlbs.

Yours is twin scroll right? Vf37 is the std unit I think and good for 360 ish. Have you looked at the twin scroll sc42 turbos?

Yer it’s twin scroll I was reading few horror stories about the sc turbos , do you know much about rotated set ups like a Garret or efr

Back