• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

poor vision at night

Hi folks has anybody else noticed how poor the lights are on ep3's just come back from cinema and could hardly see a thing.can i fit hid lights as somebody says its an mot fail but I gotta do something about it

Did you have them switched on?

Seriously though, standard bulbs are pretty pap. I've got HIDs which are way better, but if you don't want to go down that route just get a decent set of xenon bulbs.

I've got HIDs which are way better, but if you don't want to go down that route just get a decent set of xenon bulbs.

You know that xenon is the gas inside the bulbs in HIDs right?

Xenons are HIDs and vice versa.

I suggest some higher wattage bulbs mr angry...

It's not cool to wear sunglasses at night mr angry :p

A lot of ep3's have hid conversions for this very reason. They can easily be swapped back over for normal bulbs come mot time.

You know that xenon is the gas inside the bulbs in HIDs right?

Xenons are HIDs and vice versa.

I suggest some higher wattage bulbs mr angry...

What a spectacular fail. I didn't know that. Every day's a school day.

I started a thread a whole back on this same thing. I got some different bulbs and they are much better. Have a look through my threads, you'll find it real quick!

What a spectacular fail. I didn't know that. Every day's a school day.

You can get Xenon filled halogen type bulbs, but they aren't proper Xenon bulbs as per Stoo.

any body got a link to some upgrade bulbs (mines a facelift) also my headlight adjuster doesnt work and my lights are pointing right down (shine about 5ft in front of car and thats it) can you adjust them manually?

I'd look at getting your adjuster sorted first, you could have the brightest lights in the world fitted but if it's only illuminating 5 feet in front of your car you'll still struggle. Check the easy fix stuff like fuses.

HID's are illegal and it started this April.

You need to have auto adjuster and washer to make it road legal.

You also need a friendly M.O.T to pass it! :D

HID's are illegal and it started this April.

You need to have auto adjuster and washer to make it road legal.

You also need a friendly M.O.T to pass it! :D

well ive got a friendly tester so thats no problem,****ing stupid rules-you make your car safer for night driving and its illegal-cos that makes sense

But it makes it unsafe for other drivers as the brightness is ridiculous, and the beam pattern and light scatter are all over the place.... blinding oncomers.

That's the issue.

But it makes it unsafe for other drivers as the brightness is ridiculous, and the beam pattern and light scatter are all over the place.... blinding oncomers.

That's the issue.

This! :D That's why they made it illegal. I think it's been illegal since but they just didn't bother so now they are serious about that so they made it in MOT as well as de-catted cars.

That's the issue.

loads of cars are like that standard,i got blinded by a new bmw the other week.........my retinas are just recovering now

it just seems every year they try to screw us over again,as said i have a friendly tester so not a problem for me

my headlights do adjust just very very slowly so ive got them set on 0 is that right? there is only ever me in the car other than her indoors sometimes

Loads of cars that have them as factory have the correct temperature bulbs, and adjustment, and beam patterns, and projectors.

The EP3 headlight housing isn't designed to take HIDs.

Loads of cars that have them as factory have the correct temperature bulbs, and adjustment, and beam patterns, and projectors.

The EP3 headlight housing isn't designed to take HIDs.

But looks awsome with HID's! :D

Back