• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Prelude. An old one.

So the SMX wasn't thrilling me, especially when it blew up. So I went looking for something else. Had to be cheap as I simply do not want to spend big monies on a car at this point, yet I still want to **** about with it within reason.

Looked at old Civics, coupes, all kinds of things like that. But they're silly money for even base models now because of "THE KIDS" buying them to poop around with. So they were out.

Always like Preludes, I think because everyone hates them. Loved the old 3rd gen one I had, and previously had looked at 4th gens too. Most have rusted away or been killed by the addition of terrible body kits in the 90s. Thankfully most of them are dead by now so I figured if I could get a decent one and not adorn it with a silly kit, it could be fun.

Searched around for a decent one, finally found it about 30 mins from me.

An old chap had owned it since 1995. When it was just 10 months old. He'd had every service done at Honda, left it totally original, done hardly any miles in it, and until the last 4 years had always garaged it. Every receipt, every stamp, even notes to himself in the service book.

He died. And his son ended up with it on his drive. He didn't want it. So he put it up for sale for £1100

Paid £700, drove home all happy.

Now because it was totally standard and because the guy was dead, I thought "what better tribute to him than to immediately set about ****ing it up", and promptly started.

This was how it was when I got it - utterly horribly standard.

First thing to go was the wheels. As nice as they were as OEM, and as shed as they were in brand new Bridgestones, I didn't like them.

Refusing to go to bed early one night like the prick I am, I saw a set of wheels come up for sale on the Honda Parts For Sale Facebook page.

Work Emotion. In the correct size and fitment for me. £250 they were up for. Whilst other people argued that they were "replicas" and "no way they're real at that price m8" with each other and the seller who showed evidence that they weren't and even offered to put the price up if it made people more happy, I bought the friggers. Tyres were shot, and they were in a horrible matt black, but no matter - was going to change them anyway.

Next up was suspension. Standard ride height was monster truck. Considered coilovers but price made my willy go all small. Bought Tein springs in the end.

Exhaust had to go. Too shotgun style. Hate twee twin exhausts. Bought some mystery pie warmer from some guy for £90. Not too big, not too small. It'd do. Also included free decat. Thanks very much. Also found a DC intake for sale on ebay. Bought that too.

Had springs, intake and exhaust fitted. Exhaust and intake combo surprisingly loud. No ****s given. Already look like a ****, no exhaust will change this. Wheels were refurbished to my utter delight, and my bog standard tyre choice of Parada Spec 2 that I always buy purely for tread pattern. Don't care if they flex or aren't any good in the wet. I like them.

Sunroof was ****ed. So being the closet engineer that I am, I replaced the horrible standard tin one with a glass roof from a 5th gen Prelude. I KNOW. Even I was impressed.

Standard period head unit - bin. Alpine - in. OEM speakers were made from recycled Wasp's nest so they went too. More Alpine in.

New gear gaiter. Wasn't even really needed but this one has RED STITCHING because of HONDA RACING ETHOS.

Turns out Tein springs are ****. They were ok at the back but the fronts left an arch gap that annoyed me every single time I walked to the car.

So I went berserk and got some BC Coilovers sourced through that lovely Adam chap at 6TWO1. And tucked the ****ing wheels RIGHT UP in the arch. It now catches on everything. Fantastic. Ride is stupidly comfortable. If you're driving along a 20 mile sheet of marble. Anything else renders you paraplegic.

This is how the ****er stands today.

Oh and to top it off - it's the worst possible engine, the one no one wanted because if they wanted the cheap version they went for the 2.0, and if they wanted the proper version they went 2.2 VTEC. This, my friends, is the coveted 2.3 non VTEC.

I like the HOT sign on the manifold. Informative, yet not necessarily accurate.

I like the HOT sign on the manifold. Informative, yet not necessarily accurate.

I think the performance nature of the car makes it more hotterer than if it was just a "family" car, hence the warning.

I like this. I've caught myself looking at Ludes on autotrader more times than I care to admit.

Don't buy from there - buy from a grieving family. The guy I got it from said:

"it was Dad's pride and joy, you'll look after it won't you?"

Yes brother. Of course.

£700.00 Because I is an ENTHUSIAST.

Bet it's never been over 4k in its life. I sincerely hope it was defiled and raped on the drive home. :lol:

That poor old f*cker will be turning in his grave and calling you all of the c*nts under the sun!!! :lol:

I was looking at this or one very similar a few weeks ago on Autotrader. Excellent choice.

Looking good. Brings back good memories of my old gen4 it was the h22a and was alot of fun to own.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I like.

I've always liked Preludes, more so since I had an encounter with a Type S some years ago.

SIZE OF DAT STEERING WHEEL

FEAR NOT.

Being a pikey, I put the word out on UKDMhatesyou that I wanted a new steering wheel. Didn't think it would work, but someone actually sent me a hardly used Momo wheel. In an old pizza box. Which somehow made it better. Boss too.

Just have to get around to putting it on, which I CBA with at the moment as I'll have to bypass the airbag or something. And also lose cruise control. I like cruise control.

I like this, you've done a good job so far. Any more plans?

Thanks. Not sure what next. I might bin the seats off as after a 500 mile trip on Saturday I found out that they aren't that great. Apparently S2000 seats fit in but I don't think they'll look right. Either needs something period looking or maybe ATR seats. I always liked them and they don't seem to have the same level of scene tax as DC2 Recaros do.

Looking good. Brings back good memories of my old gen4 it was the h22a and was alot of fun to own.

Cheers. I've been quite surprised at how fun it actually is. It's really nice to drive apart from the fact that it's now too ****ing low.

I like.

I've always liked Preludes, more so since I had an encounter with a Type S some years ago.

Fanks. I've not had any experience of those. They were 5th gen only weren't they? I do quite like those if done nicely. TBH I have no idea what kind of speeds this thing does but it's certainly good fun and makes a satisfying noise. I think the fact it's old and low and noisy makes it feel 100% faster than it actually is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180836219645

For £220 + postage, how can you refuse? :lol:

Instant engine destruction. DNW.

Track it.

Yeah I'm actually tempted. But I can't drive for toffee, so it'd probably end up dead within an hour. Could be good fun finding out though.

FEAR NOT.

Being a pikey, I put the word out on UKDMhatesyou that I wanted a new steering wheel. Didn't think it would work, but someone actually sent me a hardly used Momo wheel. In an old pizza box. Which somehow made it better. Boss too.

Just have to get around to putting it on, which I CBA with at the moment as I'll have to bypass the airbag or something. And also lose cruise control. I like cruise control.

you need a Boss, boss.

I can't toffee drive either, come out with us FFS.

This is hardly news I know but a different medium of contact may bring results.

Back