• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pressure Washer Power

Im looking to get a pressure washer for cleaning my car and i have seen nightmare reports of people stripping clear coat off their paintwork.

What should i be looking out for in regards to power here guys? I want something to strip the dirt but not the paint. I also want it to clear the alloy wheels off.

Thanks

I've had a diesel powered pressure washer on my car before and it's fine. It all depends on how close you get, just don't buy one thinking it's going to "blast" the dirt off. A lot of dirt needs to be washed off using the conventional method, or at least use the pressure washer along with a snow foam lance or with a prewash treatment to help soften it all first and get the majority off.

With the right attachment I've taken the paint off an alloy wheel with my bog standard Karcher, you just need to use them with caution.

A entry level karcher washer works wonders, buy a snow foam attachemt for it at the same time.

Back