• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Problem found

Ive been trying to clean my wheels and ive been having real trouble. Well i cleaned them today and used a toothbrush until they were clean as i could get them.
I have patches on the wheel that are rough and the dirt is sticking to it like glue.
Is it new or refurb alloy time?

DSC00383.jpg

Hot break dust I belive my friend.

Happens to everyone. Washing the wheels once a week properly and then giving them a coat of protective wax is the only way to keep it a minimum I believe.

Good news then, i thought it was fooked!

Looks like ive been stopped from cleaning my car due to rain but i'll have a go with some clay when i can.

These wheels dont seem as protected as other car alloys?

Thanks for the heads up peeps :D

acid based brick cleaner - £4.00 from focus diy!
harsh as buggery until mixed 1:10 with water!

im a wheel refurber btw!

Clay should sort it, before you go using acidic cleaners!!

Could so with a better pic though :p

acid based brick cleaner - £4.00 from focus diy!
harsh as buggery until mixed 1:10 with water!

im a wheel refurber btw!

Oooh, how much do you charge? :D

Clay should sort it, before you go using acidic cleaners!!

Could so with a better pic though :p

Oooh, how much do you charge? :D

£45.00 per wheel is trade price but what i can offer is the collection of all 4 wheels by dhl, full refurb in one of the standard metallic silvers, plus redelivery again by dhl for just £200.00

perfect if you have a spare set of wheels or steelies or you can be without your car a few days!!

That's a cool fridge.

washing machine dude! my beer fridge in the garage is better, it was all rusted up so i thought i would give her a new life, pimped it in gloss black and then the missus cut me a stella logo in mirror chrome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any links to websites? Or pics of scuffed wheels refurbed in the same colour?

Sorry to thread hijack.

Back