• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear top-mounts

Hi all. I'm currently rebuilding the rear suspension on my EP3 (arches, suspension, bushings, etc.) and was wondering if anyone had particular feelings on top-mount replacements for the rear.

Are third-parties any good, are there names to go for in particular (and names to avoid), do I just suck it up and buy from Honda (if they're even still available) or are el-cheapo ones just as good?

I have no experience in aftermarket top mounts… but I would say OEM is the way to go. Values of these cars are gonna rocket when they hit 25 y/o and can be exported to freedomland. Yanks love OEM.

Thanks Hazz. Guess I'll be trying to find them at the best price I can. Other than just phoning round the dealerships (Lings, Cox, local etc.) do you have any suggestions?

Yea local dealer/cox is always worth a shout. Surprising what they have available sometimes… not always though. Tegiwa have also started stocking some OEM consumables, sometimes worth a look.

Back