• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recommended Immobiliser

Hay

Collecting my 2020 FK8, facelift Friday.

Anyone recommend a proper good immobiliser, or anything to deadkill the car in the event of the worse, ghost doesn't state if it works with facelift or not. Any ideas or recommendations?? :):)

Thanks all

James

For the cost and aggro of all these fancy solutions, i'd go old school disklok and get some GAP/RTI cover from ALA.

Hay. Good advice. I have a pro elite lock and definitely getting GAP too.

I was hoping there would be remote kill switches on the market and ejector seats took ? :D

It does, it has a slight bit, but... The security benefits far outweigh the aesthetic minimal marks..

There’s a few instances of these aftermarket immobilisers being the cause of refused warranty claims. I’d be very careful.

There are threads on Pistonheads too. If you research then you’ll see that Ghost don’t guarantee manufacturers warranty. I’d stay well clear.

Thank you so much. Good to know. I'll make sure I double check and get in writing confirmation of compliance with Warrenty.

Also - I approached Ghost or their main UK fitter, they were very aggressive in their sales tactics. I suppose we can just look at Thetcham rated stuff.

Thank you so much. Good to know. I'll make sure I double check and get in writing confirmation of compliance with Warrenty.

That’s not going to happen. Also if the car is on PCP you don’t own it, the finance company do. Technically you’re modifying the car which may not sit well with them.

Also - I approached Ghost or their main UK fitter, they were very aggressive in their sales tactics. I suppose we can just look at Thetcham rated stuff.

Check that Thatcham is approved by Honda. You’ll likely find that it’s not. Honestly it isn’t worth the risk on a new car.

It's an interesting train of thought. I wouldn't expect people on the forum to divulge what after market security they have, I get that. I'll keep researching. I've been advised on a couple by a local reputable car security firm.

Back