• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Relocating battery to the boot

Right I've done a bit of reading around and there's a lot of contradicting information so I thought it better to ask on here.

I've ordered a password jdm powerchamber but didn't want to purchase their battery relocation kit as the Odyssey battery required looks too small for my needs.

Now I have a rear battery loom from an e36 BMW in my garage that I was planning to use on a previous car and never got round to it

There's two wires into the engine bay as well as a junction box for the front of the car but it isn't fused.

I also have a summit racing battery box and bracket.

I'm just wondering is that everything I would need to put the standard battery in the boot? Or would I still need a dry cell battery?

Thanks for any info people can give

I personally wouldn't put anything other than a sealed battery in the boot.

I think the standard battery would need venting and could still leak

Also if you plan to do track days you wouldn't pass the inspection without a sealed battery in the boot

Ahh okay, I've spoke to a few people and ended up ordering a pc680 with a battery conditioner as I've been assured they're more than capable. I guess I was just put off by the size haha

Sealed battery factory standard. Can't be vented into the cabin really.

Standard EP3 battery is also sealed correct? So for the OP you can just relocate he standard battery into the boot without buying a stupid 'race battery' that probably doesn't have enough power for a vibrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think OEM for an EP3 was sealed, but the Bosch in mine is, depends what he's got really...

Isnt that part of the Scrutineering at track days, , checking battery is secure and with secure connections etc?

They checked all that with me at York raceway, assumed most track days would be the same

I've done quite a few track days in the UK and abroad (Belgium and Germany) and the most I've ever had scrutinised is noise and camera mounts.

I would guess that it comes down to the track operators own insurance, and the disclaimer you sign...

If a track operator has a strict insurance policy (public liability or whatever) some providers will want them to do full scrutinieering. Otherwise it's just noise restrictions and whether a camera is going to break your neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back