• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

hi guys, sorry my bad english, i live in italy and i have a honda civic type r fk2.
I would like to put the foot area lights on.
are they plug an play?
how much do they cost blue?
do I have to pass some cables or do not connect anything to the central ceiling light?

Hi,

All information is in the first post of the thread. Up to date prices but with shipping to Italy it would be £8.50 extra.

Basic kit is £17.50, with plug connector +£10, plus postage is £36.

Kit with remote dimmer is £26, plus £10 for plug and £8.50 postage is £44.50.

Available in blue.

First post changed with some more detail provided by Rick.

hi guys, does anyone have videos or photos of the multicolored LED strips?

Sorry I don't provide photos of my kit due to people trying to copy this or thinking that all led tape is the same quality that is clearly not correct for example a post I made around 3 years ago

"Just a heads up that I have recently discovered sellers on eBay that have stole my images and used them to try and sell cheap strips of LED, I want to assure everyone this is not as good a quality as what I use and apart from here on TRO if the kit is not sold by RickHondaR then I assure you its not a genuine product and the quality and instructions will not be as good.

What I will say is to start with all the LED and specs were about the same when it was first developed and it was very very expensive (around £40pm) but then as always competition set in and the product become cheaper as it was mass produced, what also happened then is some manufacturers looked at other ways to make this even cheaper and this is were they cut corners for example

1. Swapped copper conductor in the PCB to aluminium then this was taken a step further to basically tin foil you wrap your sandwiches up with, well to be honest some tin foil you have at home will be better quality. I have sample tapes were the copper or alloy PCB is thinner than the 3m sticky tape backing you peel of to throw in the bin. This effects the durability plus the quality of the product.

2. Originally it was all a double sided PCB tape but again now the cheap stuff is only single sided and to be fair very thin is metals cost money but this also makes the tape weak and tear easy.

3. Quality of the LED chips and resistors, I have been informed a lot of the cheap low quality stuff is made from the LED chips that fail quality control so in fact the light output of each LED chip will be lower or life expectancy will be lower. Now this could be only 10% difference or 50% difference but at the end of the day still a second, A good example of this is a bit like Intel used to re-badge and lock down under performing Pentium P4 CPU and cell them a Celeron back in the day.

Well I did not move with the times I stuck to the original spec and high quality product that was first manufactured and yes this costs more but then its also reliable and effective a good example of this is how I fitted around 40m of my LED in a local restaurant 8 years ago and this is illuminated for around 8 hours a day 7 days a week and not a single issue in all that time.

You get what you pay for full stop!"

You buy into my product for what it is a complete tried and tested and proven product complete with fitting instructions that are not generic but a detailed simple step by step guide written for you car plus I can even supply the original OEM wiring harness connection which even a Honda dealer can not buy from Honda UK on its own. If you want the best buy the best its a simple as that:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello can you not send me something in private? photo or video? I do not care to see the stripes :) but the light ... if they light blue or red comecwuelle ... I mean if the multicolored leds make brightness as the mono blue or red

Hello mate. I'm interestef in the kit you sell. I have a fn2 and am looking at the red kit. How much and how easy is it to fit bearing in mind I'm useless when it comes to car diy!

Thanks mate

Dav

Ps - wouldn't allow me to pm you

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hiya, standard red kit is £17.50.

Simple to fit with clear instructions. Uses scotch locks on existing wiring so no cutting it soldering needed.

Hiya, standard red kit is £17.50.

Simple to fit with clear instructions. Uses scotch locks on existing wiring so no cutting it soldering needed.
Thanks mate. How can i sort out payment and make an order

Thanks mate. How can i sort out payment and make an order

Just remembered, for an extra £10 Rick can do these as plug and play, so simplicity in itself.

Payment details are in the first post of the thread. :smt023

the red and the blue of the multi-colored strip, is there less light than the strips only blue led or only red led?
I've asked Rick, yes there is slightly less light on the multi-colour kit however it is only slight and they are still bright on 100%.

I've asked Rick, yes there is slightly less light on the multi-colour kit however it is only slight and they are still bright on 100%.
I've got the multi coloured kit, red is just about doable on 100% in the dark, any other colour is too bright for me. Hope that helps, really nice bit of kit.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Anyone have the kit fitted to a 10th gen able to tell me if the light stays on once the car is running like the oem kit or is it just on and off with the doors when they unlock/open?

Anyone have the kit fitted to a 10th gen able to tell me if the light stays on once the car is running like the oem kit or is it just on and off with the doors when they unlock/open?

Please take the time to read the very first post and you will get your answer

Back