• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Fitted mine. Thanks gents :)

9abuje9a.jpg

y7ajuqet.jpg

Looks great Mark, do you mind if I use your pictures for my ebay adverts as I don't have a red DC5 image?

Was wondering if these are still for sale in blue for an ep3 and how much will they cost?

Was wondering if these are still for sale in blue for an ep3 and how much will they cost?

Yes they are still available and Rick can do blue for the EP3.

They are £17, payment details are in the first post. :smt023

Yes, all models and colours in the first post are available. :smt023

Received thanks. :smt023

I'll PM you when Rick lets me know it has been sent, but it will likely be Monday I expect.

Yes its all packed and ready to post in the morning, I have made you a cool xenon white kit so if you have LEDs in the interior light is should look the dogs nuts ;)

Got to say to all those sat on the fence I am a little shocked how slow these are on here as these do sell very well on ebay at £19.99 and in my opinion this is a cracking price for a tried, tested and proven product complete with very clear simple step by step fitting instructions for you car and don't forget I also provide a full 1 year warranty and unlike most ebay sellers who wont do anything once paypal will not get involved I will sort all genuine problems I have been doing this kit now for over 6 years so I do know what I am talking about and this has evolved over the years to improve quality and problems in my instructions.

Please note the added benefits of buying a kit here;

1. The club (TRO) keeps a fee which is very reasonable to help with running costs and keep the forum free to you all
2. You save £3 over my ebay price but still receive exactly the same product and service

Please remember my kit comes with everything needed to fit and ready to fit all you need is around 15 minutes of your time a set of pliers, pozidrive screw driver and patience. You will not be running around to car spares shops trying to buy this that or the other and the Kit is factory made to my specifications in China so it is a perfect fit in your car while being of a very high quality and giving of a decent amount of light without being over the top or attracting unwanted attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its all packed and ready to post in the morning, I have made you a cool xenon white kit so if you have LEDs in the interior light is should look the dogs nuts ;)

Got to say to all those sat on the fence I am a little shocked how slow these are on here as these do sell very well on ebay at £19.99 and in my opinion this is a cracking price for a tried, tested and proven product complete with very clear simple step by step fitting instructions for you car and don't forget I also provide a full 1 year warranty and unlike most ebay sellers who wont do anything once paypal will not get involved I will sort all genuine problems I have been doing this kit now for over 6 years so I do know what I am talking about and this has evolved over the years to improve quality and problems in my instructions.

Please note the added benefits of buying a kit here;

1. The club (TRO) keeps a fee which is very reasonable to help with running costs and keep the forum free to you all
2. You save £3 over my ebay price but still receive exactly the same product and service

Please remember my kit comes with everything needed to fit and ready to fit all you need is around 15 minutes of your time a set of pliers, pozidrive screw driver and patience. You will not be running around to car spares shops trying to buy this that or the other and the Kit is factory made to my specifications in China so it is a perfect fit in your car while being of a very high quality and giving of a decent amount of light without being over the top or attracting unwanted attention.

Hi. Forgot to mention that yes I do have led lights inside also so should look pretty cool. A little off this subject but I have been trying to find some led rear light bulbs. As the rear light is also the brake light I was wondering if you know of any led bulbs that would do this. I have tried a couple of types of ebay which claim to do the same job as a dual filament. But these have not worked

Kind Regards

Andrew

Hi Ben, payment received thanks.

I've forwarded your details onto Rick, it should be winging its way to you shortly. :smt023

Just a quick thread to tell people who I am as I am sure most have seen my adverts on ebay, I joined here when I used to own a EP3 and used to advertise here until around 3 years ago. I have had a few Honda since the EP3 which was a CRZ, FN2 and now a Civic Tourer. Well back in 2008 there was a group buy on CTRO for JDM stuff and one of the options was a green footwell kit but this was very expensive at around £90, being an electrician I thought I could do better so sourced some LED and basically spent around 3-4hours locating the power circuit under the dash to make the footwell lights illuminate with the interior light in the middle. Posted picture here and basically got ripped as something new and people thought it looked chavy at the time but soon people were asking me to make them kits.

6 Years later and now a registered ebay business seller my product has evolved a lot from my basic fitting instructions to now a Haynes style step by step fitting guide and if you are good with things like this then with my guide you should fit my kit in under 15 minutes using only a screwdriver and pliers, yes its that easy. Around 18 months ago I looked at improving the quality of the kit so have now stopped making this my self and now have all my kits made in the same factory in China as the LED. I have also moved on to many different cars that all come with the same style fitting instructions but obviously they are written especially for the car they are sold for and these cars are

EP3 / 7G Civic's
FN2 / 8G Civic's
9G Civic's
CRZ
DC5
Fiesta MK6
Fiesta MK7
Fiat 500
BMW Mini MK1
Audi TT MK1
Corsa C
Corsa D

Obviously along the way you get the copy cat sellers who claim you can do this and do that and it comes with instructions but I assure you my instructions are the real deal and not a piece of paper that tells you to remove the CD player and wire your strips to a 12 volts supply. Yes I may be a little more expensive but you buy a complete product that is tried and tested with a proven track record and and a 1 year warranty that is worth something.

Please feel free to check out my ebay store for info on my product but also note it is cheaper here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ambiglo-Lighting?_rdc=1

Just a heads up that I have recently discovered sellers on eBay that have stole my images and used them to try and sell cheap strips of LED, I want to assure everyone this is not as good a quality as what I use and apart from here on TRO if the kit is not sold by RickHondaR then I assure you its not a genuine product and the quality and instructions will not be as good.

What I will say is to start with all the LED and specs were about the same when it was first developed and it was very very expensive (around £40pm) but then as always competition set in and the product become cheaper as it was mass produced, what also happened then is some manufacturers looked at other ways to make this even cheaper and this is were they cut corners for example

1. Swapped copper conductor in the PCB to aluminium then this was taken a step further to basically tin foil you wrap your sandwiches up with, well to be honest some tin foil you have at home will be better quality. I have sample tapes were the copper or alloy PCB is thinner than the 3m sticky tape backing you peel of to throw in the binThis effect the durability plus the quality of the product.

2. Originally it was all a double sided PCB tape but again now the cheap stuff is only single sided and to be fair very thin is metals cost money but this also makes the tape weak and tear easy.

3. Quality of the LED chips and resistors, I have been informed a lot of the cheap low quality stuff is made from the LED chips that fail quality control so in fact the light output of each LED chip will be lower or life expectancy will be lower. Now this could be only 10% difference or 50% difference but at the end of the day still a second, A good example of this is a bit like Intel used to re-badge and lock down under performing Pentium P4 CPU and cell them a Celeron back in the day.

Well I did not move with the times I stuck to the original spec and high quality product that was first manufactured and yes this costs more but then its also reliable and effective a good example of this is how I fitted around 40m of my LED in a local restaurant 5 years ago and this is illuminated for around 8 hours a day 7 days a week and not a single issue in all that time.

You get what you pay for full stop!

I will say as well that I might be upgrading to the very latest LED chip in the next 6 months or so (have stock to move first ad the new chip has only been on the market around 6 months), this is still mounted on the same high quality copped double sided PCB but the heat sink on the LED chip is around 3 times more efficient which has also made the LED light output around 130% brighter and for my non car sales this is now all I am using. I am currently thinking is this better for a car or to bright and better sticking with a tried and tested product plus I can not at this moment in time have the chip on a black backed PCB were I can in the old spec.

Hey can I take advantage of the offer and get a kit for my fn2 in white please

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Absolutely. Payment details are in the first post of this thread. Just make sure to send it friends and family and include your address in the message of the payment.

:smt023

Back