• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

Tough question. Immediate answer would be no, but never say never. It was a fantastic car, just turned out mine was a bit of a lemon which somewhat tainted the ownership experience.

I had to get the cylinder head rebuilt, then the AYC pump went, then I had bodywork issues... just didn't have much luck with it.

People always refer to Evo driving as 'cheat mode on' as well. Maybe it's a shame to have something too good to enjoy/scare yourself a bit with, on the road.

Refurbished steering wheel has been done and fitted:

qPNcygo.jpg

s0tUjaE.jpg

p82euka.jpg

sGukfE6.jpg

tcVKPYj.jpg

That's who did mine Twang, top job and he lives just round the corner so fitted it too.

Suits, is this the same as the exhaust you had? If so, would you recommend it? What was it like in terms of noise at WOT and droning on the motorway etc?

mugenap1_33650_45975_zoom__14688.1409665940.1280.1280.jpg

Yes dude, thats a series 1 Mugen.

The same that I had.

I can't speak highly enough of this system. Granted it was the only system I had on my S2000 in 3 years but it was probably the best part of my car.

Being JASMA rated it has minimal drone.

It's hard to say if it's over intrusive really as the S2000 has no roof, so it's hard to compare but I'll say it's very good to live live, fine on motorways.

Open it up and it starts to sing a mighty fine tune - loved the S2000 at 9200rpm.

Towards the end of my time with the S2000 I moved to a de-CAT and a Mugen manifold and even then it still performed great, with no drone and sounded great.

IIRC my noise test at Spa read 82BD's so it's pretty quite in the grand scheme of S2000 systems.

If I was to go again, this would be first choice, if it was around, as even back a few years these were hard to get hold of, so now, probably even more so.

GET IT.

I can get a second hand one, but It'll be around £700 by the time I get it to my door. For the same money I could get a Toda manifold so I've been in two minds. A little bit more gets me a new RM01A.

Back