• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

If I was to do it again, I'd not bother with the manifold.

When we were putting mine on we did a before and after comparison and it was almost identical. The mugen was better but parts and fitting cost better - no.

The S2000, it's engine and parts were engineered to within an inch of its life to get the best out of it all, thus, not many aftermarket companies make parts that make as much of an improvement over the Honda OEM parts, not like it is on the K20 motors. The OEM manifold is wide bored and very well made. I have a picture of them side by side somewhere.

K&N FIPK Intake and cat back would be all I'd do.

Mapping gave a big difference drivability wise, I lowered my VTEC crossover to 3200rpm and it felt a lot more responsive but really it was just so that the Mugen system to get into full swing sooner.

If you want power, theres only one way, OEM forged internals, loads of parts and common, boosting is the only way to bhp for your £££.

RM01A was the only other system I ever considered other than my Mugen and it was a deal of a swap and £500 my way, thats how good those Mugen S1's are/are. I based my interest solely on how the RM01A performed on my EP3, which was a rubbish basis so I scrapped the idea.

Fujitsubo RM01A ordered.

Couldn't get a Mugen exhaust at a decent price in the end.

No Mugen's for sale in the UK, can't get them new any more as they've been phased out I think and to get a second hand one from Japan would have been £1200 or so. I don't think the RM01A will be a bad system though.

Yeah, I bet. That series 1 system will be over 10 years old now.

It'll be top draw, I'm sure of it. I'm yet to hear any bad reports of Fujitsubo products, so that will be no issue.

Also, pretty much anything strapped to a F20 will sound good, so you'll be clever there too.

Like I said, the only other system I ever considered swapping the Mugen for was the RM01A, so you've made a good decision there in my eyes.

The decat should be here tomorrow and the exhaust within two weeks. Need to get booked in to have both fitted when I get a confirmed date.

3b74230312617f573477b183b0edcde4.jpg

:)

I went for a £50 Japspeed resonated de-CAT, just to try and keep any unwanted noise down man.

Decat1.jpg

I'll see how it is first with the exhaust. It's my second car so as long as it doesn't drone a huge amount I don't mind that much.

Spun it yet ??
Have now. Nothing major, just coming out of a junction where I normally get the back end out, too greasy on the road really and around she came. :lol:

I'm also hoping that I will have RM01A related news this coming week.

Yes dude, thats a series 1 Mugen.

The same that I had.

I can't speak highly enough of this system. Granted it was the only system I had on my S2000 in 3 years but it was probably the best part of my car.

Being JASMA rated it has minimal drone.

It's hard to say if it's over intrusive really as the S2000 has no roof, so it's hard to compare but I'll say it's very good to live live, fine on motorways.

Open it up and it starts to sing a mighty fine tune - loved the S2000 at 9200rpm.

Towards the end of my time with the S2000 I moved to a de-CAT and a Mugen manifold and even then it still performed great, with no drone and sounded great.

IIRC my noise test at Spa read 82BD's so it's pretty quite in the grand scheme of S2000 systems.

If I was to go again, this would be first choice, if it was around, as even back a few years these were hard to get hold of, so now, probably even more so.

GET IT.

As above, I had the same exhaust mated to a buddy club manifold and berk de-cat. Sounded fantastic and tasteful

The tracking puts it either at Heathrow or east Midlands so it should be here tomorrow so I should be able to get it out for delivery Thursday (maybe Wedensday depending on what time DHL arrive!
I'll give you a shout once I have it here.

200.gif

Back