• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Safe wheel cleaner

Wik

Hi - can anyone recommend a safe wheel cleaner for the FK2 black wheels ?
I have ordered some Bilberry wheel cleaner which is non acidic but now have the fear about it.

I highly recommend Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner. Only buy direct from Bilt hamber, that way you guarantee getting the official product. Link below =

I use both and bilberry is brilliant. I'd only use bilt hamber when wheels are super dirty. Bilberry all other times.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

OK - been a while - but I finally got brave enough to use one. Went for the Bilt Hamber. Only left it on for a coupe of mins but very good results.
Will see if all is ok tomorrow then might have another go at them. Thanks for the suggestions all.

I think the problem re cleaning the wheels is the carbon from the pads it's hard to get off.Also on the corner of the wheel spokes the bits of abrasive that do actually come off from braking adhere whilst quite hot to the corner of the spokes which can affect the paint and or cover over the paint. Also hard to get off the sponge or microfiber wash mit or whatever you use to wash the wheels colour magic black is absolutely brilliant in bringing the black paint on the wheels to a stunning shine lustre. I don't think the paint is particularly hard as it scratches quite easily, however easy to polish out with autoglym super resin polish make sure not to press on too hard as srp is slightly abrasive if you want the wheels to shine even more, ensure you polish the colour magic black really well.then go over with collinite double supercoat 476s wax your wheels will be the envy of every other black wheeled car owner Regards Fred.
Hi - can anyone recommend a safe wheel cleaner for the FK2 black wheels ?
I have ordered some Bilberry wheel cleaner which is non acidic but now have the fear about it.

Back