• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sat Nav HELP!!

Black R said:
yes u can buy France on a seperate memory card, cant remember how much it is though. When u get into Frane u just push the new card in the slot in the front
Was looking at additional maps last month - Think the french one was not far off £80 & the states was around £110

I have a PDA with built in GPS & TOMTOM5, and can't fault TOMTOM. The PDA isn't the best in terms of battery life (it pretty much needs to be plugged in to the cigarette lighter when using it), but I didn't want to splash out that much cash & it only have 1 use. With the PDA I've added tunes, vids & games to stop me from getting bored (as I've cut the "getting lost" time out of my journeys)

Jap_Girl said:
Black R said:
Jap_Girl

I sell quite a lot of Sat nav at work, and i have to say the Tom Toms are the easiest to use and the most popualr.

If you only want UK maps the Tom Tom 300 is probably best for you.

Hope this helps :D

Can I get other maps to put on it??? or can that not be done for other countries? Just I drive over to France a lot so makes sense being able to have French maps on too!!!

I recently bought the Tom Tom 700 which includes maps of Europe. :wink:

You can also install extra voices :D John Cleese, Yoda, Homer Simpson etc. My fave has to be Ozzie Osbourn uncensored :D

Quality.

Larder said:
Bazzer said:
Larder said:
Today I have mostly been drooling over this 8)

http://www.road-angel-gps.co.uk/road-angel-navigator.htm

Just the cost :cry:

I have one mate and it's bloody fantastic :wink:
I might sell my RA2 and stump up the rest, if I had any stump that is :wink:

I sold my classic Road Angel to make way for this. I don't use it on a day to day basis as my journey to work is only 13 miles without any speed traps. I just mount it when I venture out of the district :wink: It really is a fantastic bit of kit. I know it's one of the most expensive on the market, but I have a great deal of confidence with Black Spot products, so am willing to cough up the dosh.

Halfords are offering it on a 6 monthly payment scheme if that lightens the burden on your wallet. I just lumped it all on the credit card :wink:

Back